Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trisquel 9.0 Released - Powered By The Linux 4.15 Kernel

Phoronix: Trisquel 9.0 Released - Powered By The Linux 4.15 Kernel

Trisquel 9.0 has been released as one of the few Linux distributions approved by the Free Software Foundation...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

4.15 is not broken enough. i'd like to see 0.99, it will be easier to deblob btw

Comment

Cool, so none of my stuff will work on it.

Comment

4.15?! I am from the future, or is it them?

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
          4.15 is not broken enough. i'd like to see 0.99, it will be easier to deblob btw
          i'd like to see 0.12, i'm pretty sure it has no blobs.

free software foundation: 20 years behind in freedom

Comment

I always called GNU and FSF and modern-day techno cult, instead of worshipping a god, they worship software. Not making software for people to liberate themselves with, just, worshipping software even at end-user expense, basically a real-life Adeptus Mechanicus. I think this is a beautiful example of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironmask View Post
              I always called GNU and FSF and modern-day techno cult, instead of worshipping a god, they worship software. Not making software for people to liberate themselves with, just, worshipping software even at end-user expense, basically a real-life Adeptus Mechanicus. I think this is a beautiful example of that.
              As the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster says, "purity is for drinking water".

Comment

Been using 9.0 on a spare system for a while now. Next to no issues. Glad to see it get released. Will probably put the 10.0 beta on when it is out and use 9.0 for my stable systems.

Comment

Originally posted by lyamc View Post
                  Cool, so none of my stuff will work on it.
                  I think you are assuming it is made to meet everyone's needs which isn't true. If you are using a deblobbed distro then you should be picking hardware to fit that need not the other way around.

Comment

I'd like it if my WiFi and GPU worked out of the box.

Comment

Working...
                    X