Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian 10.6 Released With Many Security & Bug Fixes

Phoronix: Debian 10.6 Released With Many Security & Bug Fixes

While Debian 11 "Bullseye" is on the way for release next year, Debian 10.6 "Buster" is out this weekend as the latest stable installment for this GNU/Linux distribution...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-10.6-Released

Fantastic. Thanks Debian! All my computers and server updated across the board. I'm using Debian Buster + backports repo, kernel 5.7, everything works perfectly fine and rock solid. I couldn't have asked for more.

Comment

Debian 10.6 released (Codename: Amish) ... now offers the first wheel telephone as gigantic update ...

Call from Fedora (Codename: Release from space) "Glad for helping out with the old tech we have" ...

EOL

Comment

Originally posted by Candy View Post
        Debian 10.6 released (Codename: Amish) ... now offers the first wheel telephone as gigantic update ...

Call from Fedora (Codename: Release from space) "Glad for helping out with the old tech we have" ...

EOL
        Can someone translate this post to normal language? I don't understand what is "first wheel telephone" and what that has to do with Debian or Fedora.

Comment

Lame jokes about Debian being antiquated even though next year it will be newer than Ubuntu LTS.

Comment

Jokes are good, and mostly well-deserved by debian.
            The point is to give focus to the user base: debian user base is different from fedora's, which is different from arch's.
            Those users choosing debian want a rock-solid OS, without caring if they're missing the very-latest-blinking kernel feature, everyone knows when installing debian, it just runs, and it runs for literally years. Because every debian release is a LTS.

Comment

Working...
            X