Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 33 Beta To Be Released Next Week

Phoronix: Fedora 33 Beta To Be Released Next Week

After missing the preferred target date of 15 September and the secondary beta target date of this week, Fedora 33 Beta is now on track to ship next week...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...Beta-Next-Week

Has Silverblue moved to BTRFS too?

Comment

That's great news, I was expecting it to be longer.
      I have parts for a new home server coming next week and was hoping I wouldn't need to do a version upgrade a week or 2 after I had just installed it.

Comment

For anyone unaware, the release date is an announcement, but the ISOs for the beta are available now. Here's Workstation: https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt...3_Beta-1.3.iso

Normally I'd be working on a clean install of the beta right now after hearing the news, but I found in the past few weeks I can comfortably use openSUSE TW.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post
          Yup, they had a few initial issues though. And I haven't been able to get the Fedora 33 composes to work right yet - https://silverblue.fedoraproject.org/download

Comment

Best Fedora feature is the non-feature of delivering on desktop development and strict QA. This non-feature is hard to market. But it’s there and it’s needed.

Oh and the Workstation Desktop shines as always

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
              Best Fedora feature is the non-feature of delivering on desktop development and strict QA. This non-feature is hard to market. But it’s there and it’s needed.

Oh and the Workstation Desktop shines as always
              What does that mean in human terms? That they include the latest Gnome?

Btw I'll just wait for Dedoimedo's review to see if it's worth a try
              Last edited by JackLilhammers; 09-25-2020, 04:44 AM. Reason: Fixed grammar

Comment

JackLilhammers The most human answer I can give is stop being lazy and read the last 5 years of blogs from Christian Schaller. It explains what Fedora is doing and why they are doing it.

Comment

144Hz I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I've stuff to do before I can spend my time reading 5 years of a blog just to stop being lazy in your eyes
                  Last edited by JackLilhammers; 09-25-2020, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post
                    As I recall, there were some oddities being reported with certain (non-default) configurations of Silverblue (/boot being a directory and/or a subvolume) and BTRFS (as I recall at least one of the bugs was reported as not being BTRFS specific), and various tickets against anaconda, and ostree, and probably others, have been opened (some have probably closed, as I have not been following the work closely).

Comment

Working...
                    X