• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Hibbelharry

• Hibbelharry
    replied
    Originally posted by anarki2 View Post
    Or... how about just DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING anymore. Seriously, anything Canonical touches breaks down. I'm in the middle of porting the 18.04 playbooks to 20.04 and the better part of today was wasted on figuring out how to get sssd & realmd to finally join a comp to the darn domain. It's incredible really, no matter how broken it is, in the next release they always manage to break it some more.
    I personally didn't have any troubles going from 18.04 to 20.04. Didn't need any patching, our old sssd config still works....

Leave a comment:

• Morty
    Phoronix Member

• Morty
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    Either way, this is amazing for using Ubuntu in the enterprise, at your workplace.
    Yes, really amazing. Did the same thing with YaST under Suse, dead simple. Must have been in '06 or something.

Leave a comment:

• ernstp

• ernstp
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    This is amazing!

Where did this work come from? Is it from Debian or something developed by Canonical?

Either way, this is amazing for using Ubuntu in the enterprise, at your workplace.
    Well I mean the sssd stuff has been working for a very long time I think, they're just hooking it up to an installer gui.

Leave a comment:

• uid313

• uid313
    replied
    This is amazing!

Where did this work come from? Is it from Debian or something developed by Canonical?

Leave a comment:

• anarki2

• anarki2
    replied
    Or... how about just DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING anymore. Seriously, anything Canonical touches breaks down. I'm in the middle of porting the 18.04 playbooks to 20.04 and the better part of today was wasted on figuring out how to get sssd & realmd to finally join a comp to the darn domain. It's incredible really, no matter how broken it is, in the next release they always manage to break it some more.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    Administrator

• Ubuntu 20.10 Adding Active Directory Support To The Installer

Phoronix: Ubuntu 20.10 Adding Active Directory Support To The Installer

The "Ubiquity" installer used by the Ubuntu desktop is set to feature Active Directory (AD) integration with the upcoming Ubuntu 20.10 release...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tive-Directory
Working...
X