Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenSUSE Jump Distribution Now Available For Alpha Testing

Phoronix: OpenSUSE Jump Distribution Now Available For Alpha Testing

An alpha prototype of openSUSE "Jump" is now available for testing of this new build of openSUSE...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    OpenSUSE Jump brings SUSE LInux Enterprise and Leap closer to the same code-base.

Comment

I'll jump right on it.

Comment

Really interesting things are happening around openSUSE... After very successful 15.2 release now this... I am looking forward to see what are the fruits going to be from this.

Comment

I have to test it as soon as I have some time. I am currently using a lot of Leap 15.2 which I find really great.

Comment

Another name change, again?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post
              I have to test it as soon as I have some time. I am currently using a lot of Leap 15.2 which I find really great.
              I must admit that the lack of PPAs for Leap is something I regret. That and an ancient kernel are pushing me away from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignacio Taranto View Post
                No, this is something a bit different than just OpenSUSE Leap. This is the merged SLES and OpenSUSE combination. I run Tumbleweed on a majority of my boxes here at home in my lab, and have been very happy with it. Rock solid middle of the road performance. I'm testing some of the SLES features for my servers, including Geo clustering. I do need to figure out how to get my SAN running though. The switches are so out of date, they aren't supported at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignacio Taranto View Post
                  More importantly: Make stupid jokes or code names the formal product name.

Comment

Originally posted by szymon_g View Post

I must admit that the lack of PPAs for Leap is something I regret. That and an ancient kernel are pushing me away from it.
                    Huh? There are tons of OBS repositories for Leap. Or do you mean something else?

Comment

Working...
                    X