Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
    im guessing Birdie doesnt read wiki's on these Features
    I was talking about downgrading, not upgrading, moron.

Imagine you have to rescue your fedora and the tools at your disposal cannot work with SQLite'ed RPMDB?

Or if you want to create a chrooted Fedora running an older release? How will you do that when you new Fedora cannot even create Berkley RPMDB?

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
      Or if you want to create a chrooted Fedora running an older release?
      Is this a problem? are they removing access to older releases?

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

I was talking about downgrading, not upgrading, moron.

Imagine you have to rescue your fedora and the tools at your disposal cannot work with SQLite'ed RPMDB?

Or if you want to create a chrooted Fedora running an older release? How will you do that when you new Fedora cannot even create Berkley RPMDB?
        You really can't read, can you? https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Sqlite_Rpmdb

Support for current BDB format will be retained in Fedora 33, and phased out to read-only support in Fedora 34.
        [...]
        Users who have a particular need to stay on Berkeley DB backend can do still so in this release by overriding the configuration manually (eg. echo %_db_backend bdb > /etc/rpm/macros.db) before rebooting, or convert back at any later time. This is discouraged however, support for Berkeley DB will be reduced to read-only in the next release.
        As usual, the only moron here is you. I suppose Intel isn't paying you well enough for you to keep shilling for them, so you're making ends meet with concern-trolling about Fedora.

Comment

Working...
        X