Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 33 Is Shaping Up To Be One Of Its Biggest Releases Ever

Phoronix: Fedora 33 Is Shaping Up To Be One Of Its Biggest Releases Ever

Fedora 33 is easily shaping up to be one of the biggest releases ever for this long-time Linux distribution formerly known as Fedora Core. It's just not a few big features like Fedora desktop variants defaulting to Btrfs but even just on feature count alone it's looking by far to be one of the biggest at least in a number of years if not ever...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...assive-Release

I don't mind if it's delayed, as long as it's ready.

Comment

If I didn't know better I would say Fedora is getting some funding these days.

Comment

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post
        from IBM , they want a lot tested for RHEL9

Comment

RPMDB migration to SQLite concerns me. I hope they will provide tools to convert to the old format.

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post
          Fedora has always been a testbed for RHEL.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
            RPMDB migration to SQLite concerns me. I hope they will provide tools to convert to the old format.
            What's wrong with it?

Comment

Originally posted by angrypie View Post
              I don't mind if it's delayed, as long as it's ready.
              If? There's no if. Fedora is always delayed. If a release ever comes on time, you can expect devs to be abducted and replaced by aliens.

Regarding the article itself, it doesn't list a single change that affects the user experience. I could just put 60 comments into the source of F34 and call it a great release because it has so many changes.

Comment

Why? It works fine in some other package managers.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
                  Regarding the article itself, it doesn't list a single change that affects the user experience.
                  I guess btrfs snapshotting does not count

Comment

Fedora has always been a testbed for RHEL.
                    my THeory when installing a New Release was to download the ISO image an Burn it an install from there, , if you need things saved, maske a small Partition an put it there an install the new release an then transfer the stuff you saved back over to the new release aqn delete that small partition. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Chang...pmdb#Upgrading
                    Last edited by Anvil; 07-17-2020, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X