Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenSUSE Leap 15.2 Hops Onto The Microsoft Store For WSL/WSL2

Phoronix: OpenSUSE Leap 15.2 Hops Onto The Microsoft Store For WSL/WSL2

Following last week's release of openSUSE Leap 15.2, this latest community, SUSE-backed Linux distribution release is now available via the Microsoft Store...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-Leap-15.2-WSL

Great!
    So now both Ubuntu and openSUSE is officially in the Windows Store.
    Now we're just waiting for Red Hat, Fedora and CentOS.

Comment

I noticed many days ago because I couldn't get at packages for 15.1.... had to zypper dup to 15.2.... which worked btw.

Comment

Originally posted by cjcox View Post
        zypper dup to 15.2.... which worked btw.
        OpenSUSE (zypper) has a much better track record than Ubuntu (apt) with distro-upgrades. You can also in-place upgrade to Tumbleweed and even rolling back from Tumbleweed to Leap is doable.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          OpenSUSE (zypper) has a much better track record than Ubuntu (apt) with distro-upgrades. You can also in-place upgrade to Tumbleweed and even rolling back from Tumbleweed to Leap is doable.
          For sure. I was pointing out that upgrading an old version "1" style OpenSUSE 15.1 WSL succeeded. It's really a different sort of beast.

Comment

Originally posted by cjcox View Post
            For sure. I was pointing out that upgrading an old version "1" style OpenSUSE 15.1 WSL succeeded. It's really a different sort of beast.
            Good to know.
            Imho that's not a different thing from other distro upgrades (like going from Leap versions or to to Tumbleweed), as with a dup it will have a list of base packages are needed (and will be installed at once, unless you have specifically blacklisted them). It isn't just updating stuff to latest version from repos.

Comment

Working...
            X