Linux Mint 20 "Ulyana" Released - Based On Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frank007
    All browsers can be downloaded from their site ready to be used, the probelm is inexistent.
    Yes, if you are talking about the privacy monster called Chrome.

This is not the case for Chromium.

Comment

Wow. Fast turnaround from beta to release. Well, all my boxes are behaving at the minute so I won't be upgrading right now.

Since Brave went and rebased on Chromium, if I want a Chromium-type browser, I'll use that. If I desperately need the Google additions (thanks, work!) I'll sigh deeply and install Chrome.

Otherwise I don't find Firefox that much of a battery hog. If I wanted Chromium that badly, I'd build it myself. I would suggest (and I might well be wrong) that most people who might have problems with building Chromium themselves, would simply use the default (Firefox) or use Chrome... or Vivaldi or Brave. Or even Microsoft Edge, if they're more use to Windows, since that now seems to be a thing on Linux...

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post
        Wow. Fast turnaround from beta to release. Well, all my boxes are behaving at the minute so I won't be upgrading right now.

Since Brave went and rebased on Chromium, if I want a Chromium-type browser, I'll use that. If I desperately need the Google additions (thanks, work!) I'll sigh deeply and install Chrome.

Otherwise I don't find Firefox that much of a battery hog. If I wanted Chromium that badly, I'd build it myself. I would suggest (and I might well be wrong) that most people who might have problems with building Chromium themselves, would simply use the default (Firefox) or use Chrome... or Vivaldi or Brave. Or even Microsoft Edge, if they're more use to Windows, since that now seems to be a thing on Linux...
        brave? they put referral links everywhere when you browse internet

damn linux comunities are toxic, between red hat propaganda, gnome propaganda, kde propaganda, no wonder why linux usage is dropping year after year, even on steam

Comment

There's already a work around for snapd.
          Linux Mint 20 disables support for Snap apps entirely on your behalf, but in this post I'm going to show you how to re-enable it by deleting a single file.

Comment

And still no news about Cinnamon on Wayland

Comment

Originally posted by antonyshen View Post

Try other browsers like vivadi I guess.
              um... no. I won't use browsers like Brave and Vivaldi which implement MITM.

Comment

Originally posted by linuxgeex View Post

um... no. I won't use browsers like Brave and Vivaldi which implement MITM.
                Would you elaborate on this, please? I switched to Brave on my phone with the recent Firefox UI changes and will move off that if the browser implementing MITM attacks by default can be demonstrated...

Comment

Working...
                X