Ubuntu Is Working On Much Faster Hibernation/Resume Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jo-erlend View Post

That's interesting. Can you provide a step-by-step explanation of how your windows get restored? Say I have three Firefox windows open. I close one of them. Then I can open another window and use Restore previous session. That's ok. But if I close one window, then the next and then the last and then open a new window and use Restore PS, then I only get the last window I closed restored and not the first two.

I can't find any "recently closed tabs" or "recently closed windows".
    I will have a look at the first part another day.

Regarding recently closed tabs/windows, either you can access it via hamburger menu --> library --> history or add the history icon directly to your url bar (right click --> customize --> drag drop history icon), which is really handy if you need to do this often.

Comment

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
      I will have a look at the first part another day.

Regarding recently closed tabs/windows, either you can access it via hamburger menu --> library --> history or add the history icon directly to your url bar (right click --> customize --> drag drop history icon), which is really handy if you need to do this often.
      Wow, that's well hidden! Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by jo-erlend View Post

This is one of the reasons why I do most of my work in VMs. Just save state and power down. Why Firefox doesn't allow you to save tabs when exiting normally when it automatically does so when you kill -9 it, is beyond my comprehension. Every time I reboot my desktop, I kill -9 firefox first. Recovers nicely.
        What on earth are you talking about? It is literally the first option in Firfox's preferences to save tabs upon exit.

Comment

Interesting, I never had any problems hibernating. I used Arch and Fedora not Ubuntu but I can't imagine it will be different. Did you guys pass the kernel parameters in Grub and specify the swap file/partition? And then edited mkinitcpio for the resume hook? My two computers work flawlessly on the 5.6 kernel.

Comment

Working...
          X