• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vladimir86 View Post

PS: May I call you "my mommy?"
    Please do.

Comment

I don't really like sysvinit or systemd.

I find OpenRC to be the best of both worlds. It has a lot of the features of systemd, while being only an init and fairly simple and straight forward. Options are good.

OpenRC manages system services their startup / shutdown their dependencies and their state. That is it. no home directory management, no dns management, no system logs, no office suite.

"Do one thing, and do it well."
      Last edited by k1e0x; 04 June 2020, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG View Post
        SystemD is not at all missed.
        i'm sure you aren't missed by systemd either. you could also practice avoiding linux or computers altogether

Comment

Originally posted by MastaG View Post
          I wonder why anyone would prefer symlinked initscripts over systemd for booting?
          systemd's service files are much easier to understand as they have very good documentation.
          people sometimes lose ability to learn

Comment

Originally posted by Delgarde View Post
            Yeah, the overall systemd project is something a lot like GNU coreutils, or the util-linux package...
            no, it's something a lot like freebsd base(and now notice how systemd hate correlates with freebsd love(and therefore lack of iq)

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
              It is still fairly monolithic. Not one of those modules can truly function on its own and systemd is fairly broken without all of its modules.

This (admittedly annoying) diagram demonstrates this idea.
              this diagram only demonstrates lack of clue of its author and you. systemd is monolithic only in minds of clueless people. btw, you could draw similar diagram consisting of {s,}bin/* as proof of sysvinit monolithness
              Last edited by pal666; 04 June 2020, 08:49 PM.

Comment

In Devuan Beowulf, now it's possible to install Gnome 3.x desktop with openRC init. Thanks to the work of elogind devels.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                  this diagram only demonstrates lack of clue of its author and you. systemd is monolithic only in minds of clueless people. btw, you could draw similar diagram consisting of {s,}bin/* as proof of sysvinit monolithness
                  It also demonstrates the willingness of systemd's partisans to attack all dissidents. The complete intolerance you constantly express is enough to avoid that montrosity at all cost.

Be a systemd-sheep, "baa-baaing" praise to your lead ram in RH while ignoring it's deficiencies. It's your right. But it's also our right to not like it and not get harrassed over it.
                  Last edited by aht0; 13 July 2020, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X