openSUSE Leap 15.2 Hits RC Phase With GNOME 3.34 + KDE Plasma 5.18, Sway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post

Hi, I use openSUSE, not SUSE and my comparison was between openSUSE and Debian, not between SUSE and Debian, but you're right there are two different methods, but both point to stability as a priority.
    This is a service pack not a new version of Leap, so it is quite normal for many packages to be old.
    openSUSE Leap contains almost full SUSE SLE inside. So linked article directly affects openSUSE Leap. My point was, that Debian has always very small updates in "stable". But in openSUSE Leap / SLE are some changes big in same version, while some changes are small even between versions. So I struggle with both drawbacks, not so stable and not new.

I recommend you to read that article, it explains, that there are version with very small updates (*.1 and *.3) and version with bigger updates (*.2) . So it is very different to Debian or Ubuntu LTS release models.

Comment

Originally posted by Leinad View Post

openSUSE Leap contains almost full SUSE SLE inside. So linked article directly affects openSUSE Leap. My point was, that Debian has always very small updates in "stable". But in openSUSE Leap / SLE are some changes big in same version, while some changes are small even between versions. So I struggle with both drawbacks, not so stable and not new.

I recommend you to read that article, it explains, that there are version with very small updates (*.1 and *.3) and version with bigger updates (*.2) . So it is very different to Debian or Ubuntu LTS release models.
      I can only tell you my experience, in my small company I have a 30 of computers. Until a few years ago we had Ubuntu, but we often had problems, so we evaluated various distributions, including Debian, but in the end we chose Leap and to date we have never had any problems.
      By the way, the choice of Leap was not made only for its extreme stability, but also because for us some tools like Yast and (auto-yast), are very useful for us.

Comment

Looks like it will also support zstd: https://github.com/openSUSE/rpm-conf...ment-636781072

Comment

Working...
        X