Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ubuntu's Server Installer Was Mistakenly Leaking Encrypted Storage Passphrase To Its Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu's Server Installer Was Mistakenly Leaking Encrypted Storage Passphrase To Its Log

Phoronix: Ubuntu's Server Installer Was Mistakenly Leaking Encrypted Storage Passphrase To Its Log

With the recently released Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, the Ubuntu Server installer exclusively uses the "Subiquity" installer that Canonical has been working on in recent years in moving away from the classic Debian Installer. Unfortunately a security issue crept into Subiquity that has now been resolved...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think mistakes like these are the result of deadlines being put on software releases, instead of releasing 'when it's finished'.

Comment

Software and systems are never finished.

Comment

Are you kidding me?

Comment

Its the human element. Stuff happens. You could debug it for 20 years and something could all of a sudden show up in year 21.

Comment

Originally posted by MrEcho View Post
            Software and systems are never finished.
            And unsinkable

Comment

Bugs happen, it's inevitable... what I meant to say was that deadlines on software releases cause preventable bugs to slip through. It lowers the quality of the code because 'we need it to be finished today'. That's how and slip ups like this happen.

I've seen it happen too many times: Timed releases cause an increase in bug fix updates afterwards.

Comment

*Oops*

Comment

I'm actually shocked it didn't send it off to Amazon as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
                    I'm actually shocked it didn't send it off to Amazon as well.
                    It still does. But since it is intentionally there's no but to fix

Comment

Working...
                    X