Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arch-Based EndeavourOS Sees New Release With Faster Installation, i3 Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arch-Based EndeavourOS Sees New Release With Faster Installation, i3 Improvements

Phoronix: Arch-Based EndeavourOS Sees New Release With Faster Installation, i3 Improvements

EndeavourOS 2020.05.08 has been released as the latest monthly install media for this Arch-based Linux distribution born out of the ashes of the former Antergos Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Personally I do almost everything differently but their i3wm setup dot files are a solid reference: https://github.com/endeavouros-team/i3-EndeavourOS

Comment

Nice option if you want to build a bleeding-edge homebrew OS (in the sense that you mix and match components to taste) but don't want the hassle associated with setting everything up from scratch (because you already did so numerous times in the past and can't be bothered to do it yet another time).

Could be a quick way to get a working Enlightenment setup running, as recommended by E's primary author here.
      Last edited by ermo; 11 May 2020, 09:17 AM.

Comment

I've been using EndeavourOS since it was first released (previous Antergos user). There have been some issues at the beginning but now it's become a solid distribution. I'm glad that Antergos community didn't gave up on it's "philosophy" of being mainly an easy to install and pre-configured Arch.

Comment

Still using Antergos here (no need to reinstall as my current install is still working 100% fine), but when it's time to reinstall I'll surely give it a try. Very happy with a good, simpe-to-install arch distro that doesn't require a ton of time to install / configure, so hope this project continues to improve.

Comment

Good, now I can violate my computer with a half-assed OS even faster.

Comment

Working...
            X