• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post
    Disk Details
    Pop OS 20.04: NONE / errors=remount-ro,noatime,rw
    Ubuntu 20.04: NONE / errors=remount-ro,relatime,rw
    If only lazytime were somehow added into the mix. At least I know the results from two out of three now.

Comment

Michael Thx for the Benchmark!
      Last edited by CochainComplex; 10 May 2020, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Michael according to https://openbenchmarking.org/result/...gm=y&obr_swl=y

somehow there is a typo I guess

PopOs 363.010 vs Ubuntu 357.149

Edit. the very last entry in the table not the plot
        Last edited by CochainComplex; 10 May 2020, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Linux is Linux is Linux. There's no faster or slower or done for gaming. If there's little changes they are well known tweaks any distribution can do and on all of them you can strip it down to a minimalist approach like arch.

Nice benchmark showing just that, next maybe Ubuntu Vs Ubuntu wsl2 Vs windows? Io should be considerably slower because butof the virtualization layer I wonder how much.

Comment

Originally posted by Royi View Post

So it makes even less sense. What caused the performance difference? I guess everything below 5% is the variance of the measurement. What about the IO?
            The STD is usually very low look at his overview.
            Last edited by CochainComplex; 10 May 2020, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
              Sorry, no clue whatever it is you are trying to troll me about.
              Well, if you can get past your combination of paranoia, "self-centered-ness", and desire to increase your number of totally irrelevant posts (your first one is not irrelevant but you just blew any semblance of objectivity...)--

I was not making any attempt at "trolling" you; merely making a comment about RMS. You need to check your paranoia at the door whenever you make comments on any forum...

Oh, and by the way: if you have "...no clue..." as to what my original comment was about--given the long and well-documented history of RMS--then you really should not be admitting that you have "...no clue...". By so doing you just lost all credibility regarding any knowledge of the subject.
              Last edited by danmcgrew; 10 May 2020, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Why is anyone using atime or relatime? Nothing really uses atime anyways and it gives bad performance, especially on cow filsystems.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

The STD is usually very low look at his overview.
                  Well, those are exactly the same system and they have performance difference sometimes about 5%.
                  Do you find it low?
                  Except for the IO thing which is resolved above, they should have, in a perfect testing, the same results.

Comment

Originally posted by danmcgrew View Post
                    Oh, and by the way: if you have "...no clue..." as to what my original comment was about--given the long and well-documented history of RMS--then you really should not be admitting that you have "...no clue...". By so doing you just lost all credibility regarding any knowledge of the subject.
                    tl;dr, another angry misguided sjw ranting at his computer screen from his parents basement, yawn.

Comment

Originally posted by danmcgrew View Post

Well, if you can get past your combination of paranoia, "self-centered-ness", and desire to increase your number of totally irrelevant posts (your first one is not irrelevant but you just blew any semblance of objectivity...)--

I was not making any attempt at "trolling" you; merely making a comment about RMS. You need to check your paranoia at the door whenever you make comments on any forum...

Both of your troll posts on this topic are indecipherable. I don't know what's in your mind to think that I am paranoid about something, or that saying that would somehow get a rise out of me.

Comment

Working...
                      X