Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop!_OS 20.04 vs. Ubuntu 20.04 Linux Performance

Phoronix: Pop!_OS 20.04 vs. Ubuntu 20.04 Linux Performance

A Phoronix Premium reader recently asked about whether Pop!_OS 20.04 performance differs from Ubuntu 20.04 given some underlying changes made by System76 to their distribution, besides the plethora of higher-level desktop improvements. Well, here are some benchmarks.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Could anyone explain the difference? If not, could it be a test artifact?

Comment

Originally posted by Royi View Post
      Could anyone explain the difference? If not, could it be a test artifact?
      Probably different default io schedulers

Comment

Both OSes are Debian derivatives- will be interesting to be compared to the original as well.

Comment

I'm typing this from a System76 laptop right now... I use Kubuntu as I'm a KDE user. If they make a KDE flavor, I may just switch that.. They could call it... KPop!_OS

Maybe Sys76 will share their changes... If it's just IO Schedulers, then this could be done on vanilla *buntu, at least for those of us who compile our own kernels.

Comment

No game benchmarks?

Originally posted by hiryu View Post
            KPop!_OS
            hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by hiryu View Post
              If they make a KDE flavor, I may just switch that.. They could call it... KPop!_OS
              I would pay to see Linus Torvalds or RMS go onstage and sing and dance with some KPop group like Exid to promote it.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
                I would pay to see Linus Torvalds or RMS go onstage and sing and dance with some KPop group like Exid to promote it.
                Oh? RMS hasn't done enough to discredit himself? He has been doing it for free; now he has to be paid to do it?

Comment

Nice review! Simple and to the point Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by wooque View Post

Probably different default io schedulers
                    Couldn’t one see that easily in config files? Could someone confirm?

Comment

Working...
                    X