X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linuxxx
    replied
    Originally posted by Royi View Post

So it makes even less sense. What caused the performance difference? I guess everything below 5% is the variance of the measurement. What about the IO?
    I don't know why Michael didn't bother to mention it, since his own software is telling him (and everyone else for that matter, too) where the difference in I/O is actually coming from; here, let me spill or even spit it out for you guys:

Disk Details
    Pop OS 20.04: NONE / errors=remount-ro,noatime,rw
    Ubuntu 20.04: NONE / errors=remount-ro,relatime,rw
    Notice something? If not, let's make it even more clear:

Disk Details
    Pop OS 20.04: NONE / errors=remount-ro,noatime,rw
    Ubuntu 20.04: NONE / errors=remount-ro,relatime,rw
    The first time any new file is created, Ubuntu will still write the access-time (atime), whereas Pop!-OS (whoever came up with that name?) simply will not bother itself with these kind of operations!

And so the mystery was solved...

P.S.:
    One day, I might not be here anymore, and who on earth will then spoon-feed you, my fellow Linux comrades, I wonder?

Leave a comment:

• zexelon
    replied
    Man I would love a KDE based native version of Pop_OS!... and yes KPop_OS! would be the best name for it!

Leave a comment:

• andyprough
    replied
    Originally posted by danmcgrew View Post

Oh? RMS hasn't done enough to discredit himself? He has been doing it for free; now he has to be paid to do it?
    Sorry, no clue whatever it is you are trying to troll me about.

Leave a comment:

• Royi
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post

The scheduler is shown on the system tables in PTS articles... In this case, "none" for both.
    So it makes even less sense. What caused the performance difference? I guess everything below 5% is the variance of the measurement. What about the IO?

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Royi View Post

Couldn’t one see that easily in config files? Could someone confirm?
    The scheduler is shown on the system tables in PTS articles... In this case, "none" for both.

Leave a comment:

• Royi
    replied
    Originally posted by wooque View Post

Probably different default io schedulers
    Couldn’t one see that easily in config files? Could someone confirm?

Leave a comment:

• S.Pam
    replied
    Nice review! Simple and to the point Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• danmcgrew
    replied
    Originally posted by andyprough View Post
    I would pay to see Linus Torvalds or RMS go onstage and sing and dance with some KPop group like Exid to promote it.
    Oh? RMS hasn't done enough to discredit himself? He has been doing it for free; now he has to be paid to do it?

Leave a comment:

• andyprough
    replied
    Originally posted by hiryu View Post
    If they make a KDE flavor, I may just switch that.. They could call it... KPop!_OS
    I would pay to see Linus Torvalds or RMS go onstage and sing and dance with some KPop group like Exid to promote it.

Leave a comment:

• gfunk
    replied
    No game benchmarks?

Originally posted by hiryu View Post
    KPop!_OS
    hahaha

Leave a comment:

Working...
X