Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedora 32 Officially Released With EarlyOOM, SSD TRIM Finally Flipped On, GNOME 3.36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 32 Officially Released With EarlyOOM, SSD TRIM Finally Flipped On, GNOME 3.36

Phoronix: Fedora 32 Officially Released With EarlyOOM, SSD TRIM Finally Flipped On, GNOME 3.36

Fedora 32 has officially been released as the latest installment of this Red Hat supported community Linux distribution known for its bleeding-edge features and packages...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
    Great release

COPR for those who want to play with latest performance work:
    https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/co...-with-patches/
    Thanks, this one is interesting. Fedora 32 seems to be very solid release. I'm using it since a month with Wayland and had no problems so far.

Comment

What's up with the wallpaper? I keep seeing it the past couple of weeks in articles about the 32 release. That can't possibly be the default wallpaper, right? If I saw that, I'd think my graphics card must be fried.

Comment

Before you rush to update mind that the official VirtualBox package hasn't been updated yet for F32 compatibility.

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
        What's up with the wallpaper? I keep seeing it the past couple of weeks in articles about the 32 release. That can't possibly be the default wallpaper, right? If I saw that, I'd think my graphics card must be fried.
        Looks OK to me though to be honest I hate blueish backgrounds and I've always used my own one (dark greenish).

Comment

I tried F31 last week as prep but ran into nothing but errors and issues on the install.

So we will give F32 a whirl and see if it fares better.

Comment

I guess I'm going to wait a few weeks until remaining issues with the release have been ironed out, as usual. Better safe than sorry.

Comment

Thats AFAIK the beta wallpaper. The final release wallpaper is same design but much darker.

Comment

there's a long thread on the Fedora ml about that wallpaper. I love Fedora (using is since core 7) but I admit that this wallpaper is piece of crap!

Comment

Looks like F32 features backgrounds changing depending on the time of a day:

https://github.com/fedoradesign/back...master/default

f32-01-dawn.png
                  f32-02-day.png
                  f32-03-dusk.png
                  f32-04-twilight.png

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
                    Looks like F32 features backgrounds changing depending on the time of a day:

https://github.com/fedoradesign/back...master/default

f32-01-dawn.png
                    f32-02-day.png
                    f32-03-dusk.png
                    f32-04-twilight.png
                    As a bonus, install f32-backgrounds-animated and you can now optionally select one of alternate default wallpapers.

Comment

Working...
                    X