Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 20.10 Might Be The "Groovy Gorilla"

Phoronix: Ubuntu 20.10 Might Be The "Groovy Gorilla"

Either a ploy by Ubuntu developers / Canonical staffers or it's looking like Ubuntu 20.10 could be known as the Groovy Gorilla...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Grumpy Geek

Comment

Somehow it would have been a lot more entertaining if it was called Gooey Gloryhole but then again perhaps someone would find what offensive....

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Originally posted by waxhead View Post
        Somehow it would have been a lot more entertaining if it was called Gooey Gloryhole but then again perhaps someone would find what offensive....
        I'll take "People Who Will Never Be on Ubuntu's Naming Committee" for $400, Alex!

Comment

Originally posted by AsciiWolf View Post
          Grumpy Geek
          Not an animal, how about Grumpy Goat?

Comment

The one thing I don't care about Ubuntu, the dumb names that make it harder to remember what is what. I can't even remember what version Xenial or Bionic are or what order.

Comment

Originally posted by ix900 View Post
              The one thing I don't care about Ubuntu, the dumb names that make it harder to remember what is what. I can't even remember what version Xenial or Bionic are or what order.
              It's not that hard if you know the LTS codenames (and know your alphabet), especially now that the non-LTS releases only last 9 months and you don't see as many references to them.

Comment

"groovy" that'll get the youngsters to ditch Windows!!! [/sarcasm]

Comment

At last! I'm already tired of 20.04.

Comment

Originally posted by nils_ View Post

Not an animal, how about Grumpy Goat?
                    No, Mark Shuttleworth put out the list of future code names, out of which my fav is Moaning Mermaid.

Comment

Working...
                    X