Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Now Available For Download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    If you're a JavaScript developer and install the npm package then it pulls in the node.js dependency which in turns pulls in node-gyp which depends on Python 2.
    All my node-ish commands are aliases to running these from containers now. It's not hard to set up if you know your way around docker and bash.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Bull View Post
      So is there chromium snapcrap-only? Any experience?
      I use it as a secondary browser. First startup is slow, as it happens with all snap apps. But it works fine.

Comment

There are about 51 Linux operating systems based on Ubuntu. If we count only those based on Ubuntu LTS, there are only 17 based on it. (Distrowatch, just now). These "updates should be appearing soon.
        Creators of Ubuntu 20.04 tell us to NOT install these versions onto production equipment. There are so many bugs, etc that they tell us to use only the first point release 20.04.1 onwards. Having tested this Final Release, yes - there are already many bugs & untidy parts.

BASED ON UBUNTU

1. Linux Mint (3)
        2. elementary OS (6)
        3. Zorin OS (8)
        4. KDE neon (11)
        5. Pop!_OS (13)
        6. Ubuntu Kylin (20)
        7. Peppermint OS (22)
        8. Linux Lite (24)
        9. Lubuntu (29)
        10. Xubuntu (35)
        11. Kubuntu (37)
        12. Ubuntu MATE (44)
        13. Bodhi Linux (51)
        14. Voyager Live (62)
        15. ExTiX (63)
        16. Ultimate Edition (65)
        17. LXLE (66)
        18. Robolinux (71)
        19. Nitrux (72)
        20. Emmabuntüs (75)
        21. Ubuntu Budgie (79)
        22. Ubuntu Studio (84)
        23. Trisquel GNU/Linux (89)
        24. Linux Kodachi (99)
        25. MakuluLinux (103)
        26. BackBox Linux (106)
        27. Linuxfx (107)
        28. SuperGamer (119)
        29. CAINE (142)
        30. Peach OSI (145)
        31. UBports (146)
        32. Runtu (157)
        33. Enso OS (159)
        34. Zentyal Server (162)
        35. Ubuntu DesktopPack (165)
        36. Freespire (167)
        37. Pinguy OS (179)
        38. APODIO (188)
        39. Pearl Linux OS (190)
        40. BigLinux (197)
        41. CAELinux (201)
        42. Linspire (204)
        43. SuperX (207)
        44. Linux Mangaka (216)
        45. LliureX (226)
        46. SharkLinux (229)
        47. Karoshi (249)
        48. NexentaStor (250)
        49. Greenie Linux (254)
        50. OSGeoLive (264)
        51. tuxtrans (270)

Comment

Installing the server edition on my servers right now! Got two of my NAS's going with it now no problem, and working on my webserver next.

Comment

Originally posted by motang View Post
            Like a few people stated here, I feel the same. I used l*ve looking forward to new releases of Ubuntu, count the days, test every stage of milestone (in virtual environment and sometimes on bare metal), but now I am more or less okay cool. I will wait for the update to hit my system(s), as I am too busy with other stuff these days. I am very happy for this one though a solid release and I l*ve using both Kubuntu and Ubuntu. Both are top notch releases.
            Well, the reason for the contained excitement these days is that it's become so incredibly mature! Or solid if that's your word for it. Except for some Gnome-specific issues, it mostly just works. I've been using it for 15 years, 14 as my primary OS (with Manjaro as backup these days), and it has come a loooooooooong way to become what it is now.

We used to get so many driver issues at the time, and tinkering was the norm. I could restore a session or a broken driver blindfolded, by falling back on the tty with no display (broken) and manage to carefully enter the commands to get out of it and recover my display.
            Now, it's so easy, so user-friendly with the Ubuntu special sauce it's almost boring.

Comment

Ubuntu studio is switching to KDE Plasama by the way : https://ubuntustudio.org/2020/04/ubu...-lts-released/

Comment

Originally posted by gregzeng View Post
                Having tested this Final Release, yes - there are already many bugs & untidy parts.
                Would you care to elaborate on witch bugs and untidy parts you have come across during testing ?

Comment

Working...
                X