X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    motang

• motang
    replied
    Like a few people stated here, I feel the same. I used love looking forward to new releases of Ubuntu, count the days, test every stage of milestone (in virtual environment and sometimes on bare metal), but now I am more or less okay cool. I will wait for the update to hit my system(s), as I am too busy with other stuff these days. I am very happy for this one though a solid release and I love using both Kubuntu and Ubuntu. Both are top notch releases.

Leave a comment:

• Zico

• Zico
    replied
    It used to be a surprise - aquarium, matrix (live wallpaper). Today this is a real challenge. I lobby for "live wall" & I'll do it until such solution is created

Leave a comment:

• uid313

• uid313
    replied
    If you're a JavaScript developer and install the npm package then it pulls in the node.js dependency which in turns pulls in node-gyp which depends on Python 2.

Leave a comment:

• Veto

• Veto
    replied
    Originally posted by cl333r View Post
    I'm getting really old, 10 years ago I was counting the months till a new Ubuntu release, now I barely noticed it, I guess that's what being an old fart feels like, huh.
    Indeed - except for the fact that Ubuntu 18.04 felt like a huge setback, when they suddenly changed to a slow and buggy Gnome. However it has really improved in the last couple of releases, and 20.04 feels very solid, responsive and polished. Even Wayland seems to just work! (Although still non-default).

So now I will perhaps go back to not counting the months till a new release

Leave a comment:

• duterte

• duterte
    replied
    Please make a post comparing resources usage between the flavors

Leave a comment:

• Xaero_Vincent

• Xaero_Vincent
    replied
    Btw I use Archâ„¢

Gonna give this Ubuntu a try in a VM though. Maybe it's QEMU package finally now has SDL and Virgil support built-in?

Leave a comment:

• TemplarGR

• TemplarGR
    replied
    I'm getting really old, 10 years ago I was counting the months till a new Ubuntu release, now I barely noticed it, I guess that's what being an old fart feels like, huh.
    Yeah, i noticed this on myself as well, when i was in my 20s i was so eager for new tech and software, no i don't give a fsck. We just don't get excited anymore, due to experience.

Leave a comment:

• GNOME_Shill_3.x

• GNOME_Shill_3.x
    replied
    Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
    Desktop Linux is alive
    It is only alive with the default/standard desktop. All of the other flavors use Desktops of Death. That's because Ubuntu is catering to the zombie user base. Don't be fooled by this evil!

Leave a comment:

• perpetually high

• perpetually high
    replied
    No I think we've just gotten used to solid releases. Ideally the OS should just be out of your way so you can get your work/play done.

This 20.04 LTS release will make a lot of people happy. Thanks to all the devs for their hard work.

Leave a comment:

• cl333r

• cl333r
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X