X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hibbelharry
    replied
    Originally posted by loganj View Post
    do you really have to use 3990x for these benchmarks? i know that beast looks awesome but still...most of us can't afford that kind of cpu+motherboard
    Why does that need to apply here? I don't have such a beast under my desk too but I the numbers are none the less interesting, aren't they? If you want to know what your personal computer can do you maybe should use your personal computer?

Leave a comment:

• angrypie
    replied
    I wonder what kind of thought process they went through to conclude "yes, yes, we need another Ubuntu reskin."

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    do you really have to use 3990x for these benchmarks? i know that beast looks awesome but still...most of us can't afford that kind of cpu+motherboard
    Michael You don't seem to be a fan of trying to simulate lower hardware by disabling cores or features like HyperThreading. Is there a reason for that?

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    It's the only System76 system I have and so figured that was most akin for the comparison.

Leave a comment:

• loganj
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vipor29
    replied
    pop os 20.04 seems to have an issue with mounting drives with steam.hopefully they get that fixed.steam does not see the mounted drive all of a sudden.it was fine in 19.10

Leave a comment:

• Pop!_OS 20.04 Beta Benchmarks On The System76 Thelio Major

Phoronix: Pop!_OS 20.04 Beta Benchmarks On The System76 Thelio Major

System76 has released the 20.04 beta of their Ubuntu-based Pop!_OS Linux distribution. This release comes with various improvements and in this article are some initial benchmarks of Pop!_OS 20.04 beta compared to their prior 19.10 release when testing on the System76 Thelio Major with AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3990X.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=29101
Working...
X