GNU Guix 1.1 Released With PulseAudio & Other Services, 3k+ New Packages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNU Guix 1.1 Released With PulseAudio & Other Services, 3k+ New Packages

Phoronix: GNU Guix 1.1 Released With PulseAudio & Other Services, 3k+ New Packages

It's been nearly one year since the release of GNU Guix 1.0 as the transactional package manager and GNU/Linux system distribution while today that has been succeeded by Guix 1.1...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...x-1.1-Released

Guix 1.1 is also of Guix 1.1 is also one of the last Guix system distribution updates before their reported attempt on migrating to the GNU Hurd micro-kernel rather than GNU Linux-libre of the last Guix system distribution updates before their reported attempt on migrating to the GNU Hurd micro-kernel rather than GNU Linux-libre.
    I don't think so. As this GNU Hurd post was partly an april foo. But there is nice work ongoing to make the Hurd kernel a first class citizen for Guix. Which would be pretty nice to play around with the Hurd...

Comment

Originally posted by joni200 View Post

I don't think so. As this GNU Hurd post was partly an april foo. But there is nice work ongoing to make the Hurd kernel a first class citizen for Guix. Which would be pretty nice to play around with the Hurd...
      Not supporting 64bit architecture a serious limitation for GNU Hurd kernel on modern machines . Also lack of drivers or drivers working properly. Latest GNOME or KDE a joke without proper HW acceleration

Comment

Originally posted by onicsis View Post

Not supporting 64bit architecture a serious limitation for GNU Hurd kernel on modern machines .
        I don't know. Since Linux communities seems to be unable to maintain 32bit, GNU Hurd might be a good option to pick up the slack.

Originally posted by onicsis View Post
        Latest GNOME or KDE a joke without proper HW acceleration
        In all fairness, this is current desktop environments being completely retarded rather than a limitation of GNU Hurd. Even Windows does a better job here if no acceleration is available (such as on servers).

Comment

Working...
        X