Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux Mint Debian Edition 4 Released - Finally Supports SecureBoot, Home Encryption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie68
    replied
    Everyone uses the DE that they prefer, there is no best, there is the best for me or for you etc.
    Every time you read about quite unnecessary discussions on DE, it is only a graphical interface, quite the opposite is a distribution, which instead has the task of assembling and distributing the software, this means work and ability to distribute quality and version software not too old.
    However Mint is only a derivative, so Ubuntu or Debian does it in its place, so they can keep 2 distributions, because in reality the bulk of the work is done by Debian and Ubuntu.

Leave a comment:

• Danielsan
    replied
    Originally posted by andyprough View Post
    Except when something is actually the best and no one can possibly disagree without losing all credibility. KDE for example.
    I consider everything that has the options and configurations more than two click away from your starting point is defective by design. For that reason I don't consider Windows, Android (I mean the UI/UX) and KDE good options, all of them have all these settings nested one into each others. While in XFCE4, macOS even Gnome 3 you can do everything within two clicks, for me this is having a good user experience.
    Last edited by Danielsan; 20 March 2020, 03:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• andyprough
    replied
    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
    For you it may be the best, but not for me. Please don't state something is "the best". Ever. Because there will always be people who disagree.
    Except when something is actually the best and no one can possibly disagree without losing all credibility. KDE for example.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
    This is great, Debian based and not Ubuntu based!
    But if it would've came with the best desktop environment (KDE Plamas) it would've been perfect!
    For you it may be the best, but not for me. Please don't state something is "the best". Ever. Because there will always be people who disagree.

Leave a comment:

• JeansenVaars
    replied
    How can they afford working in two distros? they are just a handful of developers... with so many alternatives out there... poor linux mint I bet it could use those resources somewhere else!

Leave a comment:

• andyprough
    replied
    Originally posted by George99 View Post
    Are there important differences between Mint Debian and standard Debian w/ Cinnamon desktop? E: besides what is already mentioned by Michael?
    You get the really nice Mint tools like Timeshift by default, and of course Mint's much better installer than what Debian uses.

Leave a comment:

• George99
    replied
    Are there important differences between Mint Debian and standard Debian w/ Cinnamon desktop? E: besides what is already mentioned by Michael?

Leave a comment:

• Danielsan
    replied
    Never liked the way how them implemented Debian.

Leave a comment:

• andyprough
    replied
    MX does all that and so much more. Even gives you a choice of whether to use systemd or not at boot time. One of the really nice features is the ability to add all your drivers and change your kernel and add any packages while in the live environment, and press a button to install with all of your changes and additions intact. MX gives you two tools to make your live environment or your installed system into your own live USB to install on other systems or to hand to a friend to let them try out.

Plus it defaults to a light, beautiful, customized XFCE environment instead of a bloated Gnome-based DE.

Leave a comment:

• Danny3
    replied
    This is great, Debian based and not Ubuntu based!
    But if it would've came with the best desktop environment (KDE Plamas) it would've been perfect!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X