Fedora 32 Beta To Be Released Next Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anvil View Post

its been getting borring since the early Fedora20's but Fedora has been stable to a degree, i stopped using linux from F27 cause i got borred with it. i will probably look at coming baack around 34 or 35 , around when DNF5 will be out in the open. DNF4 was all wrong to begin with. Gnome3 is just getting better thanks to the help of some from Ubuntu people.
    Eh, it's pretty unfair and errornous to claim that GNOME is only getting better because of help from some "Ubuntu people".

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

Eh, it's pretty unfair and errornous to claim that GNOME is only getting better because of help from some "Ubuntu people".
      i dont think it is unfair to say that, fact is Gnome Devs needed Help to improve the experience without outside help Gnome3 was Dead.

Comment

i dont think it is unfair to say that, fact is Gnome Devs needed Help to improve the experience without outside help Gnome3 was Dead.
        1) It wasn't dead, far from it.
        2) If you mean by experience = performance, sure, Ubuntu helped create a increased pressure on performance improvements, if you mean any sort of UX changes, then that's mainly been down to Red Hat, Purism and Endless employees (whom also make up the design team).

Comment

Originally posted by Ironmask View Post
          I would have skipped a version when versioning this release, I'm sure there's at least some people out there just hearing about Fedora and seeing "Fedora 32" and thinking it's 32-bit. I know, I'm sure you think that's too stupid to be possible. But people are people.
          What do you mean its not 32 bit??? lol. They will figure it out on Fedora 33

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

1) It wasn't dead, far from it.
            2) If you mean by experience = performance, sure, Ubuntu helped create a increased pressure on performance improvements, if you mean any sort of UX changes, then that's mainly been down to Red Hat, Purism and Endless employees (whom also make up the design team).
            1 ) it was Dead IMO an it needed CPR
            2 ) the Design Team needed help, not all Redhat guys are capable of making something look good IMO .
            for instance, the Fedora Grub Menu was supposed to get an overhaull, hasnt happened afaik. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/ImprovedGrubMenu
            Last edited by Anvil; 14 March 2020, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
              Candy One small bump for version, one giant leap for Desktop Linux.
              I installed fedora31 month ago and H264 based HTML5 video did not work.

then i installed Debian 11 bullsaye and h264 based HTML5 video work. (nonfree debian)
              amd Debian11 bullyeye have much lower versions numbers of everything. means fedora 31 was bleeding edge....

i think biggest news in Fedora32 that with OpenH264 codex and Cisco paying the h264 license for WebRTC
              they in my knowelege managed to route the h264 HTML5 video playback though the WebRTC/OpenH264 engine.

means Fedora32 will be the first Linux ever who can play h264/HTML5 videos legally.
              Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

I would have skipped a version when versioning this release, I'm sure there's at least some people out there just hearing about Fedora and seeing "Fedora 32" and thinking it's 32-bit. I know, I'm sure you think that's too stupid to be possible. But people are people.
                Bit of a shame that Intel and Lennart Poettering combined to kill 64bit, and now everyone is having to go back to 32bit. This is why we can't have nice things.

Comment

I would have skipped a version when versioning this release, I'm sure there's at least some people out there just hearing about Fedora and seeing "Fedora 32" and thinking it's 32-bit.
                  That's small time for a project that had the guts to name a release "Beefy Miracle."

Comment

1 ) it was Dead IMO an it needed CPR
                    2 ) the Design Team needed help, not all Redhat guys are capable of making something look good IMO .
                    for instance, the Fedora Grub Menu was supposed to get an overhaull, hasnt happened afaik. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/ImprovedGrubMenu
                    I don't get what point you're trying to make.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post

Bit of a shame that Intel and Lennart Poettering combined to kill 64bit, and now everyone is having to go back to 32bit. This is why we can't have nice things.
                      If this is supposed to be a joke it isn't very funny.

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                      means Fedora32 will be the first Linux ever who can play h264/HTML5 videos legally.
                      That's kinda funny.

Comment

Working...
                      X