Fedora 32 Beta To Be Released Next Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post

I installed fedora31 month ago and H264 based HTML5 video did not work.

then i installed Debian 11 bullsaye and h264 based HTML5 video work. (nonfree debian)
    amd Debian11 bullyeye have much lower versions numbers of everything. means fedora 31 was bleeding edge....

i think biggest news in Fedora32 that with OpenH264 codex and Cisco paying the h264 license for WebRTC
    they in my knowelege managed to route the h264 HTML5 video playback though the WebRTC/OpenH264 engine.

means Fedora32 will be the first Linux ever who can play h264/HTML5 videos legally.
    You have to go to /etc/yum....something_or_other..../fucking the fedora_cisco repo file and switch a 0 to a 1 to enable that on 31.

Guess where I start using Tab

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

You have to go to /etc/yum....something_or_other..../fucking the fedora_cisco repo file and switch a 0 to a 1 to enable that on 31.

It should be enabled by default on F32, but don't quote me on that. I don't think Firefox can use it yet though either.

Tbh, I just use Flathub as they ship with the non-free codecs, as it doesn't have to worry too much compared to Red Hat.

Comment

you are wrong. i did massive online recherces about this and yes i did edit the fedora cisco repo file from 0 to 1...

but it does not work because firefox is a old version and only the firefox in fedora32 has all the bits to make it run.
        Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

It should be enabled by default on F32, but don't quote me on that. I don't think Firefox can use it yet though either.

Tbh, I just use Flathub as they ship with the non-free codecs, as it doesn't have to worry too much compared to Red Hat.
          it does not work even if you flip the fedora_cisco repo file from 0 to 1...
          because the firefox is to old.

in fedora32 it works.

Comment

it does not work even if you flip the fedora_cisco repo file from 0 to 1...
            because the firefox is to old.

in fedora32 it works.
            They've updated Firefox since then. It's at 74.xxx now. Like Britoid, I'm using the Flat version now. At first it was because of a Firefox bug regarding Widevine, but now it's because the Flat version suits my needs just fine.

Also had to set the 1 back to 0 when testing out Rawhide the other day. I don't recommend rpm-ostree-ing into Rawhide.

Comment

They've updated Firefox since then. It's at 74.xxx now. Like Britoid, I'm using the Flat version now. At first it was because of a Firefox bug regarding Widevine, but now it's because the Flat version suits my needs just fine.

Also had to set the 1 back to 0 when testing out Rawhide the other day. I don't recommend rpm-ostree-ing into Rawhide.
              well nice... but consumers are irritated by this... in Fedora32 everything should work.

Comment

well nice... but consumers are irritated by this... in Fedora32 everything should work.
                Outside of some Gnome 3.36 plugins, everything I use is working with F32. While YMMV, I'm upgrading as soon as all of my plugins are running there.

Comment

Already upgraded to Fedora 32. Everything works OK so far except dash-to-dock extension which has to be updated yet, which is understandable. I like new changes to Gnome 3.36.

Comment

Glad to hear it's working OK for most folks! I've just set up the common bugs page for Beta with the most prominent known issues, so check that before you install if you didn't already:

Comment

Most of the 3rd party repos have gotten better so that at final release they are (mostly) ready [many years ago they often were just starting their (re)builds at final release], but they are not always fully ready at the beta release.

Comment

Working...
                      X