Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 11 Alpha Comes With Huge Feature Set

Phoronix: Fedora 11 Released With Huge Feature Set

While a few delays were experienced by the Red Hat engineers and community working on Fedora 11 (a.k.a. Leonidas), the first alpha release of this popular Linux distribution is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

'the first alpha release of this popular Linux distribution is now available'
    !=
    'Fedora 11 Released'

Delete this comment when fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by ethana2 View Post
      'the first alpha release of this popular Linux distribution is now available'
      !=
      'Fedora 11 Released'

Delete this comment when fixed.
      Whoops, title fixed. Sorry about that, exhausted from all the traveling this week.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Can't remember where, but I read that EXT4 doesn't have defragmentation support right now. A shame, as that would really be the killer feature for a Linux FS.

Let's hope that BTRfs makes it into Anaconda

Comment

Some of the desktop features in Fedora 11 include a new GNOME volume control interface
          A new volume control interface?! You call that an exciting new feature? You've got to be kidding me...

Comment

Maybe it's the pre-installed MinGW instead.

But on a more serious note, congrats to them. I hope they also fixed up some of that SELinux stuff - I managed to bork my f10 after half an hour of use and now I cannot have it check for updates at all.

Comment

Good thing there's Fedora. People who do pre-alpha testing so that the rest of us who use useful distros get less bugs later

Comment

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
                Maybe it's the pre-installed MinGW instead.

But on a more serious note, congrats to them. I hope they also fixed up some of that SELinux stuff - I managed to bork my f10 after half an hour of use and now I cannot have it check for updates at all.
                I had the same issue as well- where it try to use the update app, and would fail with a message about .org.dbus (or something similar) not having permissions.

I ended up using yum to update the packages (whatever ones were mentioned in the error message, plus selinux policies, hal, and yum updates). I can't remember exactly which package did it, but after installing the right upgrade, the updater app started working again.
                Hope that helps!

Comment

It was a dbus issue, not SElinux, and yes, you need to issue a manual "yum update" in order to revert dbus back to a working version...

Comment

Ah, thanks for that.

Comment

Working...
                    X