X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by orangemanbad

By "your" I mean Fedora people collectively
    That's not how it works

Fedora people collectively don't work on any individual component and I am certainly not a dnf developer. If you want dnf developers to fix whatever performance issues you have, talk to them about it. Not me

Comment

I don't. I stopped using Fedora in earnest a long time ago, mostly due to the worst-in-class package manager. In fact I hope they don't fix it, so I can continue trolling you about it.
      Now that you admit that you don't even use it, I see why you were so reluctant to provide any real data and since you don't use it, you have no clue what they fixed or didn't. Good to know

Comment

Originally posted by Volta

It seems you didn't use anything else and have no clue or you're just playing an idiot here.
        The OP has already openly admitted to not using the software since a long time ago and he is just here trolling. How about you?

Comment

I said stopped using it in earnest. I still reluctantly have to use it sometimes, but I've long since given up expecting anything to change.
          Who is forcing you to reluctantly use it exactly? This is really getting to be quite amusing

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

Who is forcing you to reluctantly use it exactly? This is really getting to be quite amusing
            The orange man. That's why he's bad

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

The orange man. That's why he's bad
              That would explain a lot :-) Orange man is bad indeed

Comment

The OP has already openly admitted to not using the software since a long time ago and he is just here trolling. How about you?
                I'm using Fedora 31 and dnf is noticeably slower than apt-get. Not to mention its bash completion is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post

I'm using Fedora 31 and dnf is noticeably slower than apt-get. Not to mention its bash completion is terrible.
                  That's a more reasonable comment. Which part of dnf is slower for you (ie) is it the metadata downloads? IO etc and what are the issues you have with bash completion? Have you filed any bug reports for either of these?

Comment

That's a more reasonable comment. Which part of dnf is slower for you (ie) is it the metadata downloads? IO etc and what are the issues you have with bash completion? Have you filed any bug reports for either of these?
                    Package installation after download is slow. I'll check later to be sure. When comes to bash completion I have to push TAB few times to get results. It's like a loop, repeats some terminal sound and hangs for a while. Then it shows results or parts of them. It sometimes shows some_package_name_ver2232. and doesn't want to display the part after the [dot]. I wanted to report this issue, but after doing some search I've lost my motivation:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fedora/comm...to_be_so_slow/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fedora/comm...e_really_slow/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fedora/comm...utocompletion/

https://unix.stackexchange.com/quest...emely-slow-dnf

https://unix.stackexchange.com/quest...mpletion-hangs

It was reported years ago and there's still no fix. I'll report this btw..

Comment

I made a reply, but it's currently 'unapproved'. Probably because of links. Here's citation from bugzilla:

Fedora 22 changed to end-of-life (EOL) status on 2016-07-19. Fedora 22 is no longer maintained, which means that it will not receive any further security or bug fix updates. As a result we are closing this bug. If you can reproduce this bug against a currently maintained version of Fedora please feel free to reopen this bug against that version. If you are unable to reopen this bug, please file a new report against the current release. If you experience problems, please add a comment to this bug. Thank you for reporting this bug and we are sorry it could not be fixed.
                      It was reported in 2015, so after five years it's still unresolved.

Comment

Working...
                      X