A New Desktop Theme Is Coming For Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxie View Post
    well, if you are used to looking for a thing in a certain colour, it takes time to train your brain that its now a different colour.
    Not a brain problem, you strain eyes as it is less readable, especially in the sun.

I've seen enough people using black themes that crank screen luminosity to over 9000 to compensate for the fact that reading grey text on black is garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
      Not a brain problem, you strain eyes as it is less readable, especially in the sun.

I've seen enough people using black themes that crank screen luminosity to over 9000 to compensate for the fact that reading grey text on black is garbage.
      That gray on black sounds terrible. Usually I have better contrast than that

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post

I feel very tempted to pull the Steve Jobs "You're using it wrong!" line out right about now...

If users are doing things like that when switching to a dark theme, it is either a) a bad theme, b) a poor screen, c) PEBKAC.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post
          I feel very tempted to pull the Steve Jobs "You're using it wrong!" line out right about now...

If users are doing things like that when switching to a dark theme, it is either a) a bad theme, b) a poor screen, c) PEBKAC.
          (a) and (b) are both subsets of PEBKAC, with the additional assumption that dark = bad.

As yes, there are some things where people are just using stuff wrong because they don't feel their body's feedback or ignore it, this is especially common with ergonomics and laptop use, many don't realize their bad posture until they get muscle pains years down the line.

see a relevant xkcd comic:

Comment

Working...
          X