Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Could Better Support Scanners Compliant With Apple AirScan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Could Better Support Scanners Compliant With Apple AirScan

Phoronix: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Could Better Support Scanners Compliant With Apple AirScan

Apple AirScan is akin to their AirPrint technology for supporting various printers from Apple devices without the need for specialized drivers. Multi-function printers compliant with AirPrint also need to implement AirScan for scanner functionality, thus opening up most of today's multi-function printers to supporting this scanning standard. Ubuntu 20.04 LTS could end up supporting AirScan nicely thanks to new SANE back-ends...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I have tested both with my Brother MFC-L2710DW and sane-escl is more stable, sane-airscan scans once then can't find the scanner again.
    Both are available in fedora copr for other fedora users wanting to test.

Comment

This is pretty big. Out of the box support for network scanners was sorely missed. With this feature Linux is poised for painless SOHO usage.

Comment

Hi Leigh,

I've accidentally noticed that you experienced some problems with my backend, and want to fix it. May you provide some more details on this issue? It would be very helpful, if you could collect a protocol trace, as explained in README.md, and send me it (only .log file, .tar is not needed).

To contact me, you can either write me a direct e-mail to pzz AT apevzner.com, or create a GitHub issue.

Comment

Working...
        X