Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ubuntu 13.04 vs. Ubuntu 20.04 Development Performance Comparison Without Mitigations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• teresaejunior
    replied
    I'm surprised no one else commented on this thread. I'm actually very happy that in the end we get some better performance with time, considering all the bad news we had over the last months of performance degradation with mitigations enabled!

Leave a comment:

• Ubuntu 13.04 vs. Ubuntu 20.04 Development Performance Comparison Without Mitigations

Phoronix: Ubuntu 13.04 vs. Ubuntu 20.04 Development Performance Comparison Without Mitigations

Last week I posted benchmarks looking at seven years of Ubuntu Linux performance in re-testing the releases of Ubuntu 13.04 through Ubuntu 19.10 stable and even the latest Ubuntu 20.04 LTS daily development image. A question that came up was how much better that performance would have been without any CPU vulnerability mitigations in place for Ubuntu 20.04... Well, here's that answer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X