Bare Metal Benchmarking Alpine Linux 3.11 Against Ubuntu 19.10 + Clear Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flower View Post
    I wonder why alpines performance isn't better compared to Ubuntu?
    I thought musl is much faster than glibc?
    As Raka555 wrote, the musl fans dislike all of the non-standard behavior or poorly documented non-standard behavior in glibc, not the performance.

I think that's a fair complaint.

See for example this post by Drew Devault. Drew contributes to a lot of free software projects, uses the GPL a lot, and hates glibc. https://drewdevault.com/2017/03/15/H...nd-love-C.html

Comment

I put together a desktop install on an old laptop after reading the announcement the other day and found it to be a pretty good experience.

While I don't imagine they will start marketing it as a desktop OS, its a solid minimal base if you want to turn it into one.

Comment

Originally posted by Templar82 View Post
        I put together a desktop install on an old laptop after reading the announcement the other day and found it to be a pretty good experience.

While I don't imagine they will start marketing it as a desktop OS, its a solid minimal base if you want to turn it into one.

I run arch...

Sorry couldn't resist

Comment

Originally posted by betam4x View Post

I run arch...

Sorry couldn't resist
          Arch isn't minimal at all. Don't they compile all packages with all features enabled? For instance Digikam users need to compile their own if they don't need Fecesbook integration.

Comment

I wonder how relibc is doing these days.

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post

Fecesbook
              AKA "CIA book"

AKA "Face F**k"

AKA "I spent too long with my Face pointed towards this one website and now I no longer have the attention span required to read books. [insert laughing emoji] [clicks thumbs up] YOLO LOL OMG PS check out this this funny vid LOL so funny [relationship status changes] F*K guys my gf left me [insert sad emoji] [clicks thumbs up]"

Comment

Working...
              X