Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canonical Wants Your Feedback To Help Prepare Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

Phoronix: Canonical Wants Your Feedback To Help Prepare Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

Canonical is soliciting desktop and server users to participate in a brief survey for helping to focus their work on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and moving forward...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Drop Snaps already.

Comment

Originally posted by higgslagrangian View Post
      Drop Snaps already.
      You should fill out the survey and say that.

Comment

Drop Snaps already.
        drop flatpak

Comment

Drop Snaps already.
          I forgot to say that. Based on the feedback of the ones who tried existing builds. My Xubuntu box is still on 18.04.

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

drop flatpak
            Hard to do because it's not controlled by any one person or company.

Oh snap.

Comment

Letting the Internet provide feedback. What can possibly go wrong (Boaty McBoatface; the Taylor Swift concert venue voted to be at a school for the deaf)? I understand that Canonical feels the need to make the appearance of listening, but the only ones that really matter at this point is going to the paying customers as Canonical prepares for their IPO, and those paying customers provide feedback far more directly (voting with their wallets).

Comment

Drop Snaps already.
                It is interesting that the survey asked about VM’s as if they where operating systems. Kinda indicates that Ubunutu has issues even with surveys.

I went through the survey even though I’ve used Fedora for years now. I really didn’t have much of an answer when they asked what could Ubuntu do to get me to switch. I really couldn’t imagine a single thing that would get me to switch.

Comment

Originally posted by CommunityMember View Post
                  Letting the Internet provide feedback. What can possibly go wrong (Boaty McBoatface; the Taylor Swift concert venue voted to be at a school for the deaf)? I understand that Canonical feels the need to make the appearance of listening, but the only ones that really matter at this point is going to the paying customers as Canonical prepares for their IPO, and those paying customers provide feedback far more directly (voting with their wallets).
                  Customers give feedback in a number of ways. Attempts like this give them valuable data points.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
                    It is interesting that the survey asked about VM’s as if they where operating systems.
                    No it doesn't. It asks if the user knows about things that allows to run Ubuntu on other OSes, and VMs do allow you to run Ubuntu on other OSes.

Comment

Working...
                    X