X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clavko
    replied
    Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post

Developing on Gentoo is a great way to end up with oddball version dependencies that are awkward or impossible to satisfy on other distros.
    Well, it works for me (TM). Hardly had any issues, though I don't say it's impossible to have them. Working with something like Conan also helps managing life and things

Leave a comment:

• torsionbar28
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

IMHO, not using Debian, Debian-based, and distros that promote being "LTS" is usually good enough.

Distros like Arch, Clear, Fedora, Gentoo, Mandriva, Solus, Tumbleweed, Void, stuff based on those, etc.
    Developing on Gentoo is a great way to end up with oddball version dependencies that are awkward or impossible to satisfy on other distros.

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by Tomin View Post
    I think the version nunbers are a little bit funny. I wonder if gcc changed their policy due to llvm.
    you mean gcc travelled back in time and changed their policy before llvm changed their? i'v seen similar arguments somewhere.

numbers crossed because llvm started from lower ones and increments twice as often

Leave a comment:

• zxy_thf
    replied
    Originally posted by 240Hz View Post
    All Fedora needs to do now is ditch that gnome crap for a proper desktop environment (no the spins dont count, they are second class citizens), and Fedora will be perfect.
    You should use macOS instead of repeatedly complaining the same thing in the following decades.

Leave a comment:

• Tomin
    replied
    I think the version nunbers are a little bit funny. I wonder if gcc changed their policy due to llvm.

Leave a comment:

• Britoid
    replied
    Originally posted by 240Hz View Post
    All Fedora needs to do now is ditch that gnome crap for a proper desktop environment (no the spins dont count, they are second class citizens), and Fedora will be perfect.
    Fedora would probably loose around 90% of it's users if it did this.

Myself included.
    Last edited by Britoid; 12-13-2019, 01:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 240Hz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    using fedora for software development is an easy choice
    IMHO, not using Debian, Debian-based, and distros that promote being "LTS" is usually good enough.

Distros like Arch, Clear, Fedora, Gentoo, Mandriva, Solus, Tumbleweed, Void, stuff based on those, etc.

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    using fedora for software development is an easy choice

Leave a comment:

• wizard69
    replied
    Just in time for new hardware I should have by then.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X