Fedora 32 Will Feature Bleeding-Edge Compilers Again With LLVM 10 + GCC 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 32 Will Feature Bleeding-Edge Compilers Again With LLVM 10 + GCC 10

Phoronix: Fedora 32 Will Feature Bleeding-Edge Compilers Again With LLVM 10 + GCC 10

Fedora Linux is on track to deliver another bleeding-edge compiler toolchain stack with Fedora 32 due out this spring...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Just in time for new hardware I should have by then.

Comment

using fedora for software development is an easy choice

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
        using fedora for software development is an easy choice
        IMHO, not using Debian, Debian-based, and distros that promote being "LTS" is usually good enough.

Distros like Arch, Clear, Fedora, Gentoo, Mandriva, Solus, Tumbleweed, Void, stuff based on those, etc.

Comment

All Fedora needs to do now is ditch that gnome crap for a proper desktop environment (no the spins dont count, they are second class citizens), and Fedora will be perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by 240Hz View Post
            All Fedora needs to do now is ditch that gnome crap for a proper desktop environment (no the spins dont count, they are second class citizens), and Fedora will be perfect.
            Fedora would probably loose around 90% of it's users if it did this.

Myself included.
            Last edited by Britoid; 13 December 2019, 01:56 PM.

Comment

I think the version nunbers are a little bit funny. I wonder if gcc changed their policy due to llvm.

Comment

Originally posted by 240Hz View Post
                You should use macOS instead of repeatedly complaining the same thing in the following decades.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomin View Post
                  I think the version nunbers are a little bit funny. I wonder if gcc changed their policy due to llvm.
                  you mean gcc travelled back in time and changed their policy before llvm changed their? i'v seen similar arguments somewhere.

numbers crossed because llvm started from lower ones and increments twice as often

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

IMHO, not using Debian, Debian-based, and distros that promote being "LTS" is usually good enough.

Distros like Arch, Clear, Fedora, Gentoo, Mandriva, Solus, Tumbleweed, Void, stuff based on those, etc.
                    Developing on Gentoo is a great way to end up with oddball version dependencies that are awkward or impossible to satisfy on other distros.

Comment

Working...
                    X