Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedora 32 Will Feature Bleeding-Edge Compilers Again With LLVM 10 + GCC 10

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fedora 32 Will Feature Bleeding-Edge Compilers Again With LLVM 10 + GCC 10

    Phoronix: Fedora 32 Will Feature Bleeding-Edge Compilers Again With LLVM 10 + GCC 10

    Fedora Linux is on track to deliver another bleeding-edge compiler toolchain stack with Fedora 32 due out this spring...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...GCC-10-LLVM-10

  • #2
    Just in time for new hardware I should have by then.

    Comment


    • #3
      using fedora for software development is an easy choice

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by pal666 View Post
        using fedora for software development is an easy choice
        IMHO, not using Debian, Debian-based, and distros that promote being "LTS" is usually good enough.

        Distros like Arch, Clear, Fedora, Gentoo, Mandriva, Solus, Tumbleweed, Void, stuff based on those, etc.

        Comment


        • #5
          All Fedora needs to do now is ditch that gnome crap for a proper desktop environment (no the spins dont count, they are second class citizens), and Fedora will be perfect.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 240Hz View Post
            All Fedora needs to do now is ditch that gnome crap for a proper desktop environment (no the spins dont count, they are second class citizens), and Fedora will be perfect.
            Fedora would probably loose around 90% of it's users if it did this.

            Myself included.
            Last edited by Britoid; 12-13-2019, 01:56 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              I think the version nunbers are a little bit funny. I wonder if gcc changed their policy due to llvm.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 240Hz View Post
                All Fedora needs to do now is ditch that gnome crap for a proper desktop environment (no the spins dont count, they are second class citizens), and Fedora will be perfect.
                You should use macOS instead of repeatedly complaining the same thing in the following decades.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Tomin View Post
                  I think the version nunbers are a little bit funny. I wonder if gcc changed their policy due to llvm.
                  you mean gcc travelled back in time and changed their policy before llvm changed their? i'v seen similar arguments somewhere.

                  numbers crossed because llvm started from lower ones and increments twice as often

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

                    IMHO, not using Debian, Debian-based, and distros that promote being "LTS" is usually good enough.

                    Distros like Arch, Clear, Fedora, Gentoo, Mandriva, Solus, Tumbleweed, Void, stuff based on those, etc.
                    Developing on Gentoo is a great way to end up with oddball version dependencies that are awkward or impossible to satisfy on other distros.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X