Canonical's Multipass 0.9 Released For Easily Spinning Up Ubuntu VMs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canonical's Multipass 0.9 Released For Easily Spinning Up Ubuntu VMs

Phoronix: Canonical's Multipass 0.9 Released For Easily Spinning Up Ubuntu VMs

Multipass, the Canonical-led open-source project that aims to make it easy to spin up Ubuntu VM instances on Linux and Windows and macOS, is up to version 0.9 ahead of a possible 1.0 release for Ubuntu 20.04 LTS...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

They just released a questionnaire on this. I had no idea what it was.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoreauHD View Post
      They just released a questionnaire on this. I had no idea what it was.
      Pretty sure nearly everyone is going to wonder what Leeloo Dallas' multipass has to do with anything.

Comment

Always nice to see Vagrant getting some new tricks.

Comment

I use kcli[1][2] to manage VMs easily in my Fedora laptop using libvirt as backend, no need to install anything fancy.

From the project site: "This tool is meant to interact with existing virtualization providers (libvirt, KubeVirt, oVirt, OpenStack, VMware vSphere, GCP and AWS) and to easily deploy and customize VMs from cloud images.".

I've defined a profile.yml with the images I want to use and is as easy as:
          Code:
          kcli vm create myvm -p ubuntu1804
          kcli ssh myvm
          to start doing things on that VM. kcli uses regular cloud images provided by the distros, no need to use special Vagrant files or whatever, everything out of the box. It can be extended easily with networks, disks, and whatever is needed.

Management tool for libvirt/aws/gcp/kubevirt/openstack/ovirt/vsphere/packet - karmab/kcli

Comment

Originally posted by stormcrow View Post

Pretty sure nearly everyone is going to wonder what Leeloo Dallas' multipass has to do with anything.
            I have only come to the comment section to search for this reference. To be honest i was not expecting this in the second comment.

Comment

Originally posted by michaelo2 View Post
              I use kcli[1][2] to manage VMs easily in my Fedora laptop using libvirt as backend, no need to install anything fancy.
              I'm having a little difficulty finding in the docs where it tells you how to install and run kcli on Windows and Mac OS.

Comment

Working...
              X