• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    Choice 9: Focus on systemd and leave the rest to Devuan
    That's just Choice 1...........

Comment

Choice 9: Invent a new init system.

Comment

Go for systemd only and finally get a good implementation of it. Tbh systemd on Debian sucks a lot compared to CentOS or Arch. Especially around the logging with journals.
        It looks like they still keep around some compatibility for Debian "insellosungen" to start demons and log stuff.
        Pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf
          Removed post
          Yet the only one acting like a 17 year old here is yourself.

Debian should focus on systemd and let devuan upkeep the sysvinit packages, let them eat their own shit for once.
          Last edited by tildearrow; 07 December 2019, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
            Choice 9: Focus on systemd and leave the rest to Devuan
            RTFA ... that's Choice 1

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

Yet the only one acting like a 17 year old here is yourself.

Debian should focus on systemd and let devuan upkeep the sysvinit packages, let them eat their own shit for once.
              You must be new to all of this.

Devuan has been doing that for a while now. They forked Debian and did things their own way. No sh!t.

Comment

Yes, a system init diversity is important. I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf
                  Removed post
                  The Unix init system is great for servers but terrible for desktop systems. Its is very bad at handling responses to dynamic events (i.e. I just plugged a second monitor, I just changed my resolution etc etc).
                  Last edited by tildearrow; 07 December 2019, 01:54 PM.

Comment

I still do not understand why this is so complicated for Debian. Political decisions seems to be the main focus judging from all these discussions. As an Arch Linux user I prefer simplicity, if it works it will be added and if it works better than it can become the standard. Systemd solved many long standing issues and it reduced the maintenance burden for the package maintainers, which is quite important from my point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
                      In my Opinion Debian should advance the Idea of a Standard API to treat Services..
                      LSB Already have the LSB Headers, it could be not enough, maybe needs to be worked out.. but something Standard, and not deciding in favor of the Init A or the Init B..

Propose a standard API, the InitSystems around, should follow.
                      Debian users will win with that..
                      Seems like you've written a job description for yourself. Let us know when its done.

Comment

Working...
                      X