X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nomadewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
    A typo from someone other than Michael!!!
    Whatt? Mai eengrish eez perfekt!!!

Leave a comment:

• anarki2
    replied
    I don't quite understand why an OS needs to be "exciting". It's a friggin' tool, used to use other tools, dude.

Leave a comment:

• J.G.
    replied
    …Board of Directors is working with designers to revamp the logo and branding of the project for this RHEL-based Linux distribution.
    Excellent. I am hoping this means they're working with a quality design or marketing bureau if funds allow for that. I don't mean that they should start advertising CentOS in fitness magazines, but that they get good information that's not just "put grey text on a white background, that looks so design on my $2000 Apple screen. And here's a highly detailed logo that just doesn't scale down, but looks so cool full screen."

While we here probably wouldn't say "I have a family member who is pretty technical who can take care of this GDPR thing for us." We can be quick to deprioritise expenses of things we do not understand as deeply.

Leave a comment:

• eidolon
    replied
    Originally posted by Britoid View Post
    Imho Fedora and CentOS both need rebrands, for a distro that sets the standards and technology for desktop Linux, Fedora doesn't have the "jazz" and brand-awareness it deserves to have.
    Fedora already has a new logo on the way unless something has changed. I know they changed their mission statement a couple of years ago.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
    Basically, if something looks that stiff and boring, it must be really stable
    Found the Debian user

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadewolf View Post
    I don't see any problem, but... whatever folats their boat.
    A typo from someone other than Michael!!!

Leave a comment:

• kpedersen
    replied
    But their current logo works really well in an odd kind of way.

Basically, if something looks that stiff and boring, it must be really stable

Leave a comment:

• elatllat
    replied
    CentOS Stream is game changing but how about some transparency on why we don't have aws builds yet, and when we will?

Leave a comment:

• nomadewolf
    replied
    I don't see any problem, but... whatever folats their boat.

Leave a comment:

• Britoid
    replied
    This is a good idea. The CentOS branding is kinda boring and dated, even though CentOS itself is boring by design given it's target market.

Imho Fedora and CentOS both need rebrands, for a distro that sets the standards and technology for desktop Linux, Fedora doesn't have the "jazz" and brand-awareness it deserves to have.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X