Devuan 2.1 Released - Still Delivering Debian 9 Without Systemd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ALRBP View Post
    I do not see much systemd hate here, but a lot of non-systemd hate.
    Maybe some people who complain of systemd haters should to think about their own non-systemd hate.
    you are confusing "systemd haters" with "non-systemd"
    There have already been a lot of discussion of why systemd is bad.
    you are confusing bullshit with discussion

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
      this obsolete garbage tries to take away our freedom to run systemd debian
      You can still install the other obsolete garbage distro if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by k1e0x View Post
        I love Linux because of the freedom it provides to do what you want to do and it's friendly open community...

oh wait.. it's 2019. lol well I guess *that* is out the window now..

Hello FreeBSD.
        Idiot. Even Linux kernel / GPL2 is more restrictive than FreeBSD. You must have missed that at some point. Just out of curiosity, how many contributions have you made to any related open source project? How is systemd or Linux restricting you if you're not even capable of contributing anything?

Comment

Originally posted by waxhead View Post
          "Debian is outdated"
          The PC term is "stable", thank you very much.

Comment

I do not see much systemd hate here, but a lot of non-systemd hate.
            Maybe some people who complain of systemd haters should to think about their own non-systemd hate.
            There have already been a lot of discussion of why systemd is bad. People who do not want systemd know why they do not want it. Gentoo, which is a reference when it comes to distributions for advanced users, refused to default to systemd, but they still support it has an option. That is init freedom. (for Devuan, there is no point of supporting systemd since Debian already supports it)
            Yes, all true.
            Last edited by bison; 25 November 2019, 11:20 PM.

Comment

There have already been a lot of discussion of why systemd is bad.
              To date, I have yet to see a single compelling argument to this claim.

People who do not want systemd know why they do not want it.
              Lmao.

Gentoo, which is a reference when it comes to distributions for advanced users, refused to default to systemd, but they still support it has an option. That is init freedom.
              How about memcpy freedom? Or strlen freedom? That's a load of horsecrap. Go pester Firefox on the grounds that they dare to depend on Gtk, taking away your precious GUI toolkit freedom. Every GUI program must work with every GUI toolkit out there! /s

You don't get to choose dependencies of your software.

Why did the "init freedom" suddenly start to matter when systemd appeared? Nobody cared about sysvinit hegemony all those 30 years.

Comment

Originally posted by intelfx View Post

To date, I have yet to see a single compelling argument to this claim.
                This proves you do not even want to discus, because such arguments have been told a lot of time, you just do not want to listen. I will still try with one anti-systemd argument : "systemd puts to many system components into a single program".

How about memcpy freedom? Or strlen freedom?
                You do HAVE memcpy/strlen freedom. You can choose your C standard library implementation. (most people use Glibc but you can use musl for example if you prefer)

Go pester Firefox on the grounds that they dare to depend on Gtk, taking away your precious GUI toolkit freedom.
                Firefox depending on Gtk does not prevent you from using another GUI toolkit for other programs. Firefox works well with KDE, which is based on Qt.

Comment

systemd puts to many system components into a single program
                  Yet this has been debunked a bazillion times and you darn well know this isn't really true, but like repeating it anyway.

Single program? No. Single project? Yes. But then so is coreutils.

Comment

Hopefully Debian will vote for init diversity, so Devuan can be no more.

Comment

This proves you do not even want to discus, because such arguments have been told a lot of time, you just do not want to listen. I will still try with one anti-systemd argument : "systemd puts to many system components into a single program".
                      ROFLMAO - that just shows you don't know what you are talking about with regards to systemd - please list all the system components in this "single program"

Comment

Working...
                      X