Arch Linux Held Their First Internal Conference Last Month In Berlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arch Linux Held Their First Internal Conference Last Month In Berlin

Phoronix: Arch Linux Held Their First Internal Conference Last Month In Berlin

Key stakeholders of the Arch Linux distribution quietly met in Berlin last month for their first conference...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Glad they didn't discuss selling out like Manjaro did.

Comment

Why is one of the people in the photo (on the linked report) wearing a Debian shirt?

Comment

Arch is currently _the_ go-to distribution for the technically able who do not want to be treated like little stupids by their operating system.
        I started liking and using Arch when a test installation ended at the console prompt, not nagging me to install some stupid "desktop environment" that I do not need or want.

Comment

Originally posted by archsway View Post
          Why is one of the people in the photo (on the linked report) wearing a Debian shirt?
          That's a weird question, why does it matter?

I mean, the whole fanboy stuff is usually on the users side, the distribution developers itself mostly don't mind and are keen to other distros, lots of times there's an overlap between different distribution developers, I know some ArchLinux folks met up at DebConf18 and they even held some ArchLinux specific activities there.

I've also seen a reproducible builds talk that was co-presented by an Arch Linux and a Debian developer.

So this person could be wearing the t-shirt for any reason, maybe they contribute to both Arch and Debian, maybe they just like Debian, it just doesn't matter.

Comment

How small-minded you must be to even care?

Comment

Software developer arrested for liking something that isn't his; "How dare he appreciate someone else's work", comments a local forum user
              Last edited by bachchain; 17 November 2019, 09:30 PM.

Comment

So when people ask about it, they can say "actually, I use Arch..."

Comment

Why shouldn't I be? X)
                  There are two of those in the pic btw.

Comment

I never understood why the meme is "BTW I use Arch" and not "BTW I use Gentoo"

Comment

Working...
                    X