Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OpenWrt 19.07 RC Offers WPA3 Configuration Support, All Targets On Same Kernel Version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pigpen
    replied
    Originally posted by frauhottelmann View Post

Edgerouter X(-SFP )and Unifi AP AC range is support well. I have both a Edgerouter X and a AP AC Lite and they run very nicely
    EdgeRouter X with the hardware offload module ( kmod-ipt-offload ) is very fast : https://an.undulating.space/post/180...re_benchmarks/

Leave a comment:

• pigpen
    replied
    Originally posted by andy22 View Post

So all devices that can use the ath9k driver (ath79) will have a much better WiFi connection, ipq40xx platforms also have good WiFi drivers.
    I'm a big fan of the ath9k devices (because they're the most open source driver and have the "airtime fairness" mods). I have the TL-WDR4300 and think it's the best (simult dual band, external antennas). TL-WDR 3500/3600/4300/4310 are similar.

Set the bandwidth to 40 MHz on the 5 Ghz band : wireless.radio1.htmode=HT40
    Last edited by pigpen; 11-17-2019, 02:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
    andy22

Use case: Wifi serving a family.
    Budget: Unlimited.
    Reliability: Yes please.
    If you live in a place that isn't just a couple rooms, you are better off with multiple wifi access points, best if connected by ethernet cable.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
    Would have been nice if stubby for DNS over HTTPS would have been integrated :-) This is the package I always install manually.
    it's there in GL.inet routers (and it's also enabled by a GUI setting)

Leave a comment:

• hourwatch
    replied
    How does work the ASUS RT-AC51U with OpenWrt? Is a good option? It's a very cheap option : )

Leave a comment:

• R41N3R
    replied
    Would have been nice if stubby for DNS over HTTPS would have been integrated :-) This is the package I always install manually.

Leave a comment:

• R41N3R
    replied
    Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
    does it have a web UI?
    Yes by default, you only need to install luci on snapshots yourself.

Leave a comment:

• tweak42
    replied
    Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
    does it have a web UI?
    https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/...uci.essentials

Leave a comment:

• horizonbrave
    replied
    does it have a web UI?

Leave a comment:

• SystemCrasher
    replied
    Funny enough they are so obsessed on that "single kernel for everything" thing so once my HW destabilized after update I just had nowhere to go - previous release as well as testing uses same kernel. So the only option was to go back to ancient release. That also uses considerably less RAM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X