Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OpenWrt 19.07 RC Offers WPA3 Configuration Support, All Targets On Same Kernel Version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny enough they are so obsessed on that "single kernel for everything" thing so once my HW destabilized after update I just had nowhere to go - previous release as well as testing uses same kernel. So the only option was to go back to ancient release. That also uses considerably less RAM.

Comment

does it have a web UI?

Comment

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
        does it have a web UI?
        LuCI essentials This article relies on the following: * Accessing web interface / command-line interface * Managing configs / packages / services / logs Introduction While OpenWrt can be managed completely using SSH and the terminal, the LuCI WebUI makes many administration tasks easier. The OpenWrt full releases, such as the current 21.02.x series, ship with the LuCI WebUI installed. But for lower-memory devices, such as those with 4MBytes Flash and/or 32MBytes of RAM, the full install …

Comment

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
          does it have a web UI?
          Yes by default, you only need to install luci on snapshots yourself.

Comment

Would have been nice if stubby for DNS over HTTPS would have been integrated :-) This is the package I always install manually.

Comment

How does work the ASUS RT-AC51U with OpenWrt? Is a good option? It's a very cheap option : )

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
                Would have been nice if stubby for DNS over HTTPS would have been integrated :-) This is the package I always install manually.
                it's there in GL.inet routers (and it's also enabled by a GUI setting)

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
                  andy22

Use case: Wifi serving a family.
                  Budget: Unlimited.
                  Reliability: Yes please.
                  If you live in a place that isn't just a couple rooms, you are better off with multiple wifi access points, best if connected by ethernet cable.

Comment

Originally posted by andy22 View Post

So all devices that can use the ath9k driver (ath79) will have a much better WiFi connection, ipq40xx platforms also have good WiFi drivers.
                    I'm a big fan of the ath9k devices (because they're the most open source driver and have the "airtime fairness" mods). I have the TL-WDR4300 and think it's the best (simult dual band, external antennas). TL-WDR 3500/3600/4300/4310 are similar.

Set the bandwidth to 40 MHz on the 5 Ghz band : wireless.radio1.htmode=HT40
                    Last edited by pigpen; 17 November 2019, 02:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by frauhottelmann View Post

Edgerouter X(-SFP )and Unifi AP AC range is support well. I have both a Edgerouter X and a AP AC Lite and they run very nicely
                      EdgeRouter X with the hardware offload module ( kmod-ipt-offload ) is very fast : https://an.undulating.space/post/180...re_benchmarks/

Comment

Working...
                      X