Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project Trident Offers Initial Images Of Itself Reborn As A Void-Based Linux Distro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Trident Offers Initial Images Of Itself Reborn As A Void-Based Linux Distro

Phoronix: Project Trident Offers Initial Images Of Itself Reborn As A Void-Based Linux Distro

Project Trident made some waves last month when this lesser-known BSD distribution derived from TrueOS/FreeBSD decided to switch to becoming a Linux distribution that they decided would be based upon Void Linux. Now the very preliminary alpha images of Project Trident as a Linux operating system are available for testing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice to see people starting to use Void.
    It would be great if Void picks up more momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by Raka555 View Post
      Why.

What's the point of Void?

Comment

Originally posted by Raka555 View Post
        With all due respect, but who are all these people you see using Void?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post
          It's ranked #44 here:

That's not bad for popularity.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post

I am, though it's not my main system.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

Why.

What's the point of Void?
              It looks like yet another "do not track", paranoid approach to Linux. I'm sure there are plenty users for that.

Comment

Just following the herd means little to no innovation.

I cheer for the people who dare to be different.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                  It's ranked #44 here:

That's not bad for popularity.
                  Manjaro is #2 and yet posters on Phoronix say it's not a popular or mainstream distribution and then turn around and praise Devuan and MX for the same damn based on Distrowatch rankings.

Basically, all I'm saying is someone will say Distrowatch isn't a valid metric until it supports their point-of-view.

As an old-school Archer and now Manjaroer, Void has always looked interesting to me. While upset about the loss of a BSD Desktop Distribution, I'm also happy about them using Void as their base and wish them the best of luck going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

It looks like yet another "do not track", paranoid approach to Linux. I'm sure there are plenty users for that.
                    Nah, it's biggest features are damn-near all their home-grown tools are done in Bash, they develop their own init system (runit), their ability to easily build packages from source similar to Arch, and they're their own thing and not another fork of another distribution.

Comment

Working...
                    X