Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedora 31 Performance Is Still Sliding In The Wrong Direction - Benchmarks Against Ubuntu 19.10 + Clear Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• andyprough
    replied
    Anyone else getting a 404 Not Found when clicking to download the workstation netinstall image from the main Fedora download page?

Leave a comment:

• dreich
    replied
    Originally posted by entropy View Post
    Okay, but I guess none of them are using the vanilla kernel.
    He is evaluating the performance of the distribution as a whole, including the kernel configuration.

Leave a comment:

• entropy
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post

All of the newer distros tested are on Linux 5.3 kernel.
    Okay, but I guess none of them are using the vanilla kernel.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Aeder View Post
    Since this is an Intel processor I'm gonna guess it's the mitigations in the new kernel?

I wonder what the result would be on AMD.
    All of the newer distros tested are on Linux 5.3 kernel.

Leave a comment:

• Aeder
    replied
    Since this is an Intel processor I'm gonna guess it's the mitigations in the new kernel?

I wonder what the result would be on AMD.

Hopefully it's not really losing performance because of poor configuration or something like that. Fedora was always in the middle performance-wise, if it loses too much speed it feels like it might lose that nice compromise between ease of use and swiftness.
    Last edited by Aeder; 31 October 2019, 10:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Fedora 31 Performance Is Still Sliding In The Wrong Direction - Benchmarks Against Ubuntu 19.10 + Clear Linux

Phoronix: Fedora 31 Performance Is Still Sliding In The Wrong Direction - Benchmarks Against Ubuntu 19.10 + Clear Linux

The performance of Fedora 30 on multiple systems has generally been coming up short compared to the likes of Ubuntu, Clear Linux, and openSUSE Tumbleweed. With this week's release of Fedora 31 I was hopeful that the performance would be more competitive to other prominent Linux distributions, but sadly that doesn't appear to be the case. Here are some initial benchmarks of Fedora Workstation 31 compared to Fedora Workstation 30, Clear Linux 31450, and Ubuntu 19.10.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X