Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedora 31 Performance Is Still Sliding In The Wrong Direction - Benchmarks Against Ubuntu 19.10 + Clear Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #41
    Sorry test shows ...
    the above test data is sure to be true
    simple test confirms

    https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu...aseline=514712

    Comment


    • #42
      Originally posted by idanka View Post
      Sorry test shows ...
      the above test data is sure to be true
      simple test confirms

      https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu...aseline=514712
      It's simply stunning/amazing just how bad Fedora really performs compared to Ubuntu...

      Comment


      • #43
        Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post

        It's simply stunning/amazing just how bad Fedora really performs compared to Ubuntu...
        Something is very very wrong here. The results shouldn't differ that much if at all, since they only depend on kernel optimizations (and even then those optimizations can sway the results by at most few percents).

        Comment


        • #44
          Originally posted by angrypie View Post

          I rather lose a few miliseconds in some benchmarks than get pwned left and right. Remember Fedora is downstream of a SRSBSNSS corporate distro for SRSBSNSS applications and their choice of compiler flags will obviously reflect that.
          Has there been any research whether Fedora's compilation flags actually help reduce the number of vulnerabilities? Not a single one to my knowledge which means your comment lacks any ground.

          Comment


          • #45
            New install Ubuntu19.10 and Fedora31 default settings.
            Default kernel / filsesystem and settings!

            Fedora Wins!
            https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu...aseline=529846

            Comment


            • #46
              Originally posted by birdie View Post

              Has there been any research whether Fedora's compilation flags actually help reduce the number of vulnerabilities? Not a single one to my knowledge which means your comment lacks any ground.
              Just because you can't find any research (and probably because you don't want to find it) doesn't mean it hasn't been done or is being done now.

              Hint: You can never prove a negative.

              Comment

              Working...
              X