No announcement yet.

Fedora 31 Released For This Innovative Linux Distribution Supported By Red Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 31 Released For This Innovative Linux Distribution Supported By Red Hat

Phoronix: Fedora 31 Released For This Innovative Linux Distribution Supported By Red Hat

Fedora 31 is now officially available as the latest update for this prominent Linux distribution backed by Red Hat and continuing uninterrupted under IBM's ownership of Red Hat...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ok, where is Deepin Spin? I dont see it on spin iso list.

Comment

Been using F31 Silverblue for a few weeks now and it's a much welcome upgrade. I wish Fedora would target more generic desktop users rather than developers because it has the makeup of a perfect desktop distro.

Up to date software (including drivers & kernel), keeps and pushes upstream (themes, package hacks, downstream patches), effortless and risk free updates with Silverblue, no creeping commercialization, a competent infrastructure and a giant behind it, so it isn't going anywhere soon.

Comment

Originally posted by xpris View Post
        Ok, where is Deepin Spin? I dont see it on spin iso list.
        I don't think it's a specific spin, but you can grab the everything ISO and install the Deepin group.

Comment

🎉 Now, by default, we can't alt-tab to Firefox https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/issues/2112

Comment

Innovative?

Comment

Nice to see they disabled root pw logins 20 years after it should have been done. The idea of having password logins as the default at all is insane. It is an insecure policy and no one in their right mind should use password SSH logins. But I suppose it will be another 20 years before they decide it will be time to have password logins disabled by default.

Comment

Originally posted by Spam View Post
                Innovative?
                Fedora is known for shipping and pushing new open source technologies years before other distros, e.g. systemd, wayland, gnome3, dbus-broker, ostree, flatpak, usrmerge, bls, NetworkManager, sssd, rootless containers, dracut etc.

I'm hoping clevis and stratis are part of F32.

Originally posted by Neraxa View Post
                Nice to see they disabled root pw logins 20 years after it should have been done. The idea of having password logins as the default at all is insane. It is an insecure policy and no one in their right mind should use password SSH logins. But I suppose it will be another 20 years before they decide it will be time to have password logins disabled by default.
                Fedora doesn't even ship with the root account enabled, so whilst it's a nice change, in the real world it makes no difference.
                Last edited by Britoid; 29 October 2019, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Neraxa View Post
                  What is insecure about ssh password logins? It's certainly inconvenient, but I'm not aware of anyone having proven it's insecure.

Comment

Originally posted by jo-erlend View Post

What is insecure about ssh password logins? It's certainly inconvenient, but I'm not aware of anyone having proven it's insecure.
                    It's insecure because it's sending your password to the remote end.

Public key systems do not suffer from this because they do not send any private data to the server side.

Comment

Working...
                    X