Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ubuntu 19.10 Available For Download With Its GNOME 3.34 + Experimental ZFS Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by predator7 View Post

Is it because of Wayland?
    No, MATE is still using X. It is fixed in their Windows Manager:
    Marco is free from screen tearing

Comment

Chromium browser have different cursor, because of snap. How can they allow something like that? It's regression they were aware of.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoreauHD View Post
        They didn't include the Navi firmware... Grr....
        So even though included the Linux kernal 5.3 it will have problems working out of the box?

Comment

Originally posted by Volta
          Chromium browser have different cursor, because of snap. How can they allow something like that? It's regression they were aware of.
          Are you running Ubuntu or some derivative?

Comment

The NVidia on-demand feature, doesn't it require an unreleased build of Xorg? Or does Ubuntu carry those patches?

Comment

Originally posted by cynical View Post

Are you running Ubuntu or some derivative?
              I'm running Kubuntu, but when I was searching for this bug I saw reports regarding Ubuntu as well. However, it seems it's already resolved it for Ubuntu. It's sad derivatives aren't treated as well as in the past.
              Last edited by Volta; 19 October 2019, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post

I'm running Kubuntu, but when I was searching for this bug I saw reports regarding Ubuntu as well. However, it seems it's already resolved it for Ubuntu. It's sad derivatives aren't treated as well as in the past.
                Yeah I was going to mention that I have no issues, but realized you might not be running the main release. I thought it was fine on Kubuntu also, but I haven't tested it in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by hvis View Post
                  The NVidia on-demand feature, doesn't it require an unreleased build of Xorg? Or does Ubuntu carry those patches?
                  My thoughts as well. I tried it but doesn't work for me. GPU is on at all times. No bbswitch, no bumblebee and Xorg is not a .20 build, so no idea what it does as opposed to Performance mode.

Comment

Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                    No, MATE is still using X. It is fixed in their Windows Manager:
                    Seems that I still need compton in order to get G-SYNC working.

Comment

Working...
                    X