Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debian 11 To Further Deprecate IPTables In Favor Of Nftables Plus Promoting Firewalld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aorth
    replied
    Been using firewalld for years on CentOS 7, Debian 9+, and Ubuntu 16.04+. I deploy one public.xml zone on ALL my systems. I recently integrated an ipset of the top 10,000 abusive IP addresses from abuseipdb.com. Dropping tons of packets from any host on that blacklist. Love it.

Leave a comment:

• Hi-Angel
    replied
    /me too migrated ufw→firewalld some weeks ago. Everything is smooth so far.

Leave a comment:

• Britoid
    replied
    firewalld is awesome and I've found is a bit of a pita to setup on Debian so it's going to be great to see it work out the box, I'm already using it with RHEL.
    Last edited by Britoid; 14 October 2019, 03:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Debian 11 To Further Deprecate IPTables In Favor Of Nftables Plus Promoting Firewalld

Phoronix: Debian 11 To Further Deprecate IPTables In Favor Of Nftables Plus Promoting Firewalld

Debian 10 "Buster" already is making use of IPTables' Netfilter back-end by default in their path to deprecate IPTables while for Debian 11 the deprecation will continue further...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X