CentOS 8.0 Released As Community Version Of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CentOS 8.0 Released As Community Version Of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8

Phoronix: CentOS 8.0 Released As Community Version Of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8

CentOS 8.0 is now available as the long awaited community rebuild of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
    That’s a solid desktop experience.
    Using CentOS for a desktop imho only makes sense in enterprise or "rarely use this computer" situations.

Comment

does centos 8 support ryzen 3000 series?

Comment

I have noticed a pattern here. Every thread that talks about GNOME, Red Hat or Fedora (and sometimes other desktops) has to be always started by 144Hz. Why???

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
          I have noticed a pattern here. Every thread that talks about GNOME, Red Hat or Fedora (and sometimes other desktops) has to be always started by 144Hz. Why???
          Because 144Hz (and myself) are Red Hat shills.]

innit

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
            tildearrow hardly a topic to discuss here.
            Stop already. You are being kinda annoying in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

Using CentOS for a desktop imho only makes sense in enterprise or "rarely use this computer" situations.
              CentOS/RHEL is perfectly fine for home desktop usage if having the latest and greatest of everything and a need to game aren't in your wants list for a desktop. It's a very stable platform.

Cheers,
              Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

Flatpak should change that. having a stable base OS with faster moving apps has its advantages.

Comment

Originally posted by You- View Post

Flatpak should change that. having a stable base OS with faster moving apps has its advantages.
                  That's true. It's also great that Flatpak has seemed to promoted an app ecosystem for GNOME.

Comment

Originally posted by nir2142 View Post
                    does centos 8 support ryzen 3000 series?
                    No they are not: https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/amd

Comment

Working...
                    X